The Student Room Group

Online Dating

I haven't dated anyone since I was 15/16 (20 now) and I have been asked out a few times but never been attracted to the people who asked me out. So I joined Bumble as its less one night stand oriented than Tinder and more people wrote in their bios etc.

So quite a lot of people matched me, but as I haven't done online dating before I just feel like I don't know what to do. What about 2nd dates- If I don't want one or if they think i'm ugly or boring and they don't want one, with meeting from online sites would you expect to be told in person or via text. Also I don't have this amazing figure and I feel like tons of girls at my uni have massive fake tits or are super bordering anorexic skinny, so I feel I would be totes disappointing to date. Its not like I'm a catfish I just only photographed my face.

What are your experiences with online dates?
Reply 1
Do what feels right for you. Everybody has their own take on dating - there's no set right or wrong.

But the bonus of those kinds of things, whether bumble or okcupid, etc, is that you can talk for as long as you want before agreeing to meet. Reduces the likelihood of it being weird.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't dated anyone since I was 15/16 (20 now) and I have been asked out a few times but never been attracted to the people who asked me out. So I joined Bumble as its less one night stand oriented than Tinder and more people wrote in their bios etc.

So quite a lot of people matched me, but as I haven't done online dating before I just feel like I don't know what to do. What about 2nd dates- If I don't want one or if they think i'm ugly or boring and they don't want one, with meeting from online sites would you expect to be told in person or via text. Also I don't have this amazing figure and I feel like tons of girls at my uni have massive fake tits or are super bordering anorexic skinny, so I feel I would be totes disappointing to date. Its not like I'm a catfish I just only photographed my face.

Same as me really. Im just not confident enough to make a tinder or bumble account haha.

Go on a date and see how it is. Go to a restaurant and there isn't a risk that a man will use you for other things. If he asks you for another he's most likely genuinely interested. I bet you do have a nice figure, as a man, I can say, I dislike fake tits and super skinny girls, others think the same. Theres someone out there for everyone.
Original post by Anonymous

My only reservation of online dating is people I know seeing me come up on it haha, probably not the best reason not to do it bur
Reply 4
I've had positives and negatives from online dating.

My suggestion is just to be interesting by asking questions and listening to what they say. People like to talk about themselves and that's the best way to find out new things about each other.

If you don't want a 2nd date then don't have one, you don't owe them another date. Just do the polite thing and say that you don't see things working out, rather than blanking them (ghosting).

Try to be confident. If it doesn't work out, that's just how it is. It will take several rolls of the dice so don't expect things to work immediately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending