The Student Room Group

Failed 4 times

So the 1st time I failed was because I did not see a round about and just passed by. There were no cars so no alarm but examiner said you were not even looking. The 2nd time I failed was because I did not indicate right for 3rd exit at a round about. It was busy and I was nervous. Examiner had to touch the indicator button. He failed me zThe 3rd time I failed because I was doing 37 on a 40 mike road. One line was under repairs and they had reduced speed to 30 which I did not see as was in middle of traffic just keeping my pace with other care. Huff4th time I faile because after exciting a round about I was a bit slow and another care overtook me. In addition I was trying to change lanes to right and was touching the white line while waiting for my turn. Examiner told me get in middle of your line this is dangerous. Hopefully will be 5th time lucky, very upsetting.
Reply 1
Original post by Abhmnt
So the 1st time I failed was because I did not see a round about and just passed by. There were no cars so no alarm but examiner said you were not even looking. The 2nd time I failed was because I did not indicate right for 3rd exit at a round about. It was busy and I was nervous. Examiner had to touch the indicator button. He failed me zThe 3rd time I failed because I was doing 37 on a 40 mike road. One line was under repairs and they had reduced speed to 30 which I did not see as was in middle of traffic just keeping my pace with other care. Huff4th time I faile because after exciting a round about I was a bit slow and another care overtook me. In addition I was trying to change lanes to right and was touching the white line while waiting for my turn. Examiner told me get in middle of your line this is dangerous. Hopefully will be 5th time lucky, very upsetting.

Doesn't matter how many attempts it takes, you will get there. Don't give up.

It sounds to me like 9/10 of your problems are roundabout related and simply lack of observations. When you are in the examination, just take it steady. Look out for signs and give yourself plenty of time to a) slow down so that you have time to do all the checks and signals when you approach the roundabout and b) get in your correct lane as early as possible. Most of the time when I was making driving mistakes (particularly at roundabouts) it was because I was doing it too fast and gave myself no time to prepare.

You can't really fail for doing a roundabout too slow, but you will fail if you lack full observations.
Just remember to constantly observe. Sounds like you’d have passed first time if you did that.
Reply 3
Finally got the test on 5th March. All the best to me. I will ask someone to slap me really hard on the face before the test so I am paying more attention. Stay indoors of 5th if by any chance you are in reading area :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Menrva
Doesn't matter how many attempts it takes, you will get there. Don't give up.

It sounds to me like 9/10 of your problems are roundabout related and simply lack of observations. When you are in the examination, just take it steady. Look out for signs and give yourself plenty of time to a) slow down so that you have time to do all the checks and signals when you approach the roundabout and b) get in your correct lane as early as possible. Most of the time when I was making driving mistakes (particularly at roundabouts) it was because I was doing it too fast and gave myself no time to prepare.

You can't really fail for doing a roundabout too slow, but you will fail if you lack full observations.

I have been really unlucky actually 3rd time. That was a bit harsh for knocking me out for speeding. I am actually a good driver but need to pass the finish line. Thanks,
Original post by Abhmnt
Finally got the test on 5th March. All the best to me. I will ask someone to slap me really hard on the face before the test so I am paying more attention. Stay indoors of 5th if by any chance you are in reading area :smile:

I have my test in Reading on 19th March. I hate black boy roundabout :/
omg youre like spongebob !!!
Reply 7
Original post by xnotapplicablex
omg youre like spongebob !!!

How? Care to explain . Although I like spongebob :smile:
Original post by Abhmnt
How? Care to explain . Although I like spongebob :smile:

he kept failing his driving test, but kept going
so keep trying too im sure you'll get there x
Reply 9
Original post by Fighter365
I have my test in Reading on 19th March. I hate black boy roundabout :/

Yes that is a tricky one, need to get into correct lane in time. All the best
Original post by Abhmnt

Doing my 1st time on the same date :smile:
Hopefully i will take your mistake and make sure i wont repeat it.
Reply 11
Hello all,

I just wanted to say I Passed my test today. only 5 minors .Yippee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending