The Student Room Group

What Grade (9-1) Is This Question?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Y11_Maths
Haha thanks, can’t wait till I submit my paper 🙂

PM me your snapchat aha
Original post by Somtochi
PM me your snapchat aha

I don’t know how to pm people, can you send me one?
I don’t know how to pm people, can you send me one?

Done bro aha
IMG_3827.jpg

*It is letting me upload photos now*

I am in Year 11, aiming for Grade 9. Could you tell me if this is correct? And if not, where have I gone wrong? Thanks.
Original post by LewisWilkinson
IMG_3827.jpg

*It is letting me upload photos now*

I am in Year 11, aiming for Grade 9. Could you tell me if this is correct? And if not, where have I gone wrong? Thanks.

(3x)29x2(3x)^2 \equiv 9x^2
Original post by BuryMathsTutor
(3x)29x2(3x)^2 \equiv 9x^2

Of course! Rooky mistake! I will try again, thanks.
IMG_3828.jpg

Is this now correct?
IMG_3828.jpg

Is this now correct?

sin120=...\sin 120 = ...
Original post by BuryMathsTutor
sin120=...\sin 120 = ...

But I just love making stupid mistakes!
So the final answer is root39/26?
grade 8/9 really.....
Original post by mundosinfin
But it doesn't make sense :frown:

Update: I'm trying to solve this now but as you get to the cosine rule bit the algebra is hellish, it would help if cos120 wasn't a weird number...

Use the addition formulas Cos (A+B)= CosACosB-SinASinB
So the final answer is root39/26?

For the most I can remember yes this is correct. Well done
Original post by Sanjith Hegde123
grade 8/9 really.....

Thanks for your input
Reply 94
Original post by SandeshGurung02

That's an A Level formula that is not necessary for this question which is GCSE level.
Original post by SandeshGurung02

You don't need this, it's attacking a question with an A level formula. You can consider the trig graphs and therefore deduce values for 120.
Original post by Notnek
That's an A Level formula that is not necessary for this question which is GCSE level.

Hey Notnek, I managed to hand in my completed paper to my maths teacher today and he said he will get back to me tomorrow with it completed and tell me if all the questions work. Once I get feedback from him and my final paper is ready to submit for everyone to try, what do you suggest I do? Should I wait? Thanks for your time.
Reply 97
Hey Notnek, I managed to hand in my completed paper to my maths teacher today and he said he will get back to me tomorrow with it completed and tell me if all the questions work. Once I get feedback from him and my final paper is ready to submit for everyone to try, what do you suggest I do? Should I wait? Thanks for your time.

A lot of teachers wouldn't do that - I like the sound of your teacher :smile:

@Lemur14 would you be happy for Y11_Maths to create a thread soon with a grade 9 paper they have created? And maybe a separate thread at some point for grade 9 questions that anyone can submit?

Original post by Notnek
A lot of teachers wouldn't do that - I like the sound of your teacher :smile:

@Lemur14 would you be happy for Y11_Maths to create a thread soon with a grade 9 paper they have created? And maybe a separate thread at some point for grade 9 questions that anyone can submit?

I don't have any problem with that :smile: It would be great if it could be a general grade 9 question thread, and then could be started off with your paper as a good way to start with plenty of questions. How does that sound?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
I don't have any problem with that :smile: It would be great if it could be a general grade 9 question thread, and then could be started off with your paper as a good way to start with plenty of questions. How does that sound?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best news I have heard all day! Thank you so much @Notnek and @Lemur14 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest