The Student Room Group

withdrawing my studies

I am withdrawing from my studies at my current institution to apply too other institutions closer to my home. I have been given very confusing information in terms of the money that I will be liable to pay student finance, and would like some clarification.

as I am leaving prior to the 3rd instalment being paid I assume I will not receive that payment and will not be liable to pay it but will I be liable to pay back the 1st and second instalments of my maintenance loan. If so am I liable to pay them from this April and do I need to pay them in full or will I be able to pay them once I finish my degree the same way I would with my tuition fee loan.
Original post by LuciaJohnbaptist
I am withdrawing from my studies at my current institution to apply too other institutions closer to my home. I have been given very confusing information in terms of the money that I will be liable to pay student finance, and would like some clarification.

as I am leaving prior to the 3rd instalment being paid I assume I will not receive that payment and will not be liable to pay it but will I be liable to pay back the 1st and second instalments of my maintenance loan. If so am I liable to pay them from this April and do I need to pay them in full or will I be able to pay them once I finish my degree the same way I would with my tuition fee loan.

Hi Lucia,

Students are only entitled to funding for the time that they are in attendance on their course. When you withdraw from your course student Finance would receive confirmation from your university as to the date that you left your course. We would then reassess your entitlement and this may result in a loan overpayment.(If you were paid too much up to the point you left).If a student has had a loan overpayment, we will contact them by letter to advise of the overpayment amount. They must contact us to discuss repaying this back immediately.Only the overpayment amount would be required to be repaid back immediately any other loan balance would be repaid when your loans enter repayment.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending