The Student Room Group

Do you get criticised for actually studying?

Op removed
(edited 2 years ago)
Why are you studying? All the cool kids have cocaine orgies and get into uni because Daddy is rich.
Childish, passive aggressive behaviour. Someone is clearly jealous :smile:
Original post by rickyrossman

+1
Original post by rickyrossman

+1
Well I’ve experienced a similar thing in high school. I’ve mostly (until a year back) gotten high grades. And all my friends now kind of expect it of me, and if I say I’m nervous or ****, they’ll be like, “you will obviously score well”. And say i get a good grade n my friends don’t, well once my friend got quite a bad score, everyone was trying to console her and the moment i took a steps towards, she looked at me as if to say, ‘i won’t get it cause i got good score or I shouldn’t even try’

Its annoying seriously, so much so that even if I score well, I get self conscious to show that happiness on my face.
Well about what you do about it, I just got used to it. I mean what can I do? I ignored those comments and just didn’t start the whole topic about grades n all with them. I mean you can judge who will act in what way. So during result announcements n all I just didn’t discuss my grades with those people or quickly heard theirs, told mine and walked ahead. Basically i didn’t break my friendship or anything just avoided that topic or casually changed the subject.

It sounds like a bit of effort but it comes naturally after a while.And i have people i openly discuss my studies with, people who don’t act like them.

Well this was the outcome of my situation.
Reply 7
I’ve been in ur position practically my whole life. In uni I’ve noticed that people are way happier for you. It’s just immaturity mixed with jealousy. Keep doing you.
Original post by Chad_DeLad
Why are you studying? All the cool kids have cocaine orgies and get into uni because Daddy is rich.

Wow is that what ppl acc think about us student these days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending