The Student Room Group

is it possible to make it into the university of Toronto with these grades?

I have recently applied to the university of Toronto with these grades.
igcse:

geography A*
business studies A
mathematics(extended) A
physical science A
foreign language French A
accounting A
information communication technology A
first language English B

AS level:

mathematics B
accounting B
economics A
business A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GRENEDILLA
I have recently applied to the university of Toronto with these grades.
igcse:

geography A*
business studies A
mathematics(extended) A
physical science A
foreign language French A
accounting A
information communication technology A
first language English B

AS level:

mathematics B
accounting B
economics A
business A

Depending on your A2 predicted... you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
My A2 predicted is
mathematics A
accounting A
economics A*
business A*
Original post by wolfmoon88
Depending on your A2 predicted... you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are they gonna give me a conditional offering or are they going to accept me? the course that I applied for is a co-op bba and statistics.
My A2 predicted is
mathematics A
accounting A
economics A*
business A*

Are they gonna give me a conditional offering or are they going to accept me? the course that I applied for is a co-op bba and statistics.

Conditional: Maintaining your grades will be the condition (AAAA-AAAB will probably suffice)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Conditional: Maintaining your grades will be the condition (AAAA-AAAB will probably suffice)

Posted from TSR Mobile

so I must attain my predicted grades for A2 in order to get in?
so I must attain my predicted grades for A2 in order to get in?

Not exactly but you can't deviate too far from it (Like I know a person who was predicted A*AA and got A*AB and got in)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Not exactly but you can't deviate too far from it (Like I know a person who was predicted A*AA and got A*AB and got in)

Posted from TSR Mobile

so it's not possible to get in with just my igcse and AS level?
so it's not possible to get in with just my igcse and AS level?

It's not possible that you'll get an unconditional with only your igcse and AS scores. Maintaining your grades is really broad though so you would have a range to mess up in your A2s (Try your hardest to make your predicteds though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
It's not possible that you'll get an unconditional with only your igcse and AS scores. Maintaining your grades is really broad though so you would have a range to mess up in your A2s (Try your hardest to make your predicteds though)

Posted from TSR Mobile

so from what you are saying, I understand that I have to do my A2 in order to get acceptance.
so from what you are saying, I understand that I have to do my A2 in order to get acceptance.

Yes you do need to complete A2 to be able to study there in autumn but you can get a conditional offer with your predicteds.
Reply 10
Yes you do need to complete A2 to be able to study there in autumn but you can get a conditional offer with your predicteds.

Oh ok. thanks very much!
Oh ok. thanks very much!

No problem; good luck with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

sorry to bother you so much, I applied for fall 2018 so will they reply this year by maybe giving me a conditional offering? and then once I get my a2 grades in 2019 I then will only be accepted for fall 2019?
sorry to bother you so much, I applied for fall 2018 so will they reply this year by maybe giving me a conditional offering? and then once I get my a2 grades in 2019 I then will only be accepted for fall 2019?

So you are taking your A2s in 2019? I'm not sure you can defer your offer like that unless you applied for deferred entry in the first place.
Reply 14
So you are taking your A2s in 2019? I'm not sure you can defer your offer like that unless you applied for deferred entry in the first place.

I'm taking my a2 this year 2018. I applied with my AS level which I wrote in 2017. What's a deferred entry?
I'm taking my a2 this year 2018. I applied with my AS level which I wrote in 2017. What's a deferred entry?

Ok so you shouldn't have an issue; unless you are looking to go to uni in 2019 after your A2s and take a Gap Year.

Deferred entry is when you apply for the 2019 academic year in the 2017/2018 application cycle
Reply 16
Ok so you shouldn't have an issue; unless you are looking to go to uni in 2019 after your A2s and take a Gap Year.

Deferred entry is when you apply for the 2019 academic year in the 2017/2018 application cycle

so I am required to complete my a2 this year.
so I am required to complete my a2 this year.

Yes if you have a conditional offer for the upcoming academic year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yes if you have a conditional offer for the upcoming academic year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks a lot! your time is much appreciated!
Were you planning on going to university in Canada after AS level, in place of doing A2? Since they finish high school a year before we do, the majority of students would be 17/18.

You are still required to finish high school in the UK to gain entry to their university. The qualification is what you are judged on, not your age. So, from my understanding, you are required to do A2 if you want to gain entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending