The Student Room Group

Where to study in English in Europe.

Hi Guys.
I'm from Italy and I'm considering studying abroad in english.
The mains problems are two: the money ( I don't have a lot of money to spend) and the language ( I speak only Italian, english and little of Francis)

Which are the best university where I can study in a language I know, without spending 10K of euros in tuition fees?

Thanks for the help
WiSi.
Original post by WiSi
Hi Guys.
I'm from Italy and I'm considering studying abroad in english.
The mains problems are two: the money ( I don't have a lot of money to spend) and the language ( I speak only Italian, english and little of Francis)

Which are the best university where I can study in a language I know, without spending 10K of euros in tuition fees?

Thanks for the help
WiSi.

What subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88

Science or Tech.
Reply 4

Thanks for the link.
There are a lot of choices.

How can I select courses that have a certain importance in the academic field, without googling the universities one-by-one.

I'm interesting in finding a university that is better then what I can find where I live.
The italian university are always ranked under the best 200, and most of them ranks from 400 to 500 or even lower.

Thanks.
Original post by WiSi
Thanks for the link.
There are a lot of choices.

How can I select courses that have a certain importance in the academic field, without googling the universities one-by-one.

I'm interesting in finding a university that is better then what I can find where I live.
The italian university are always ranked under the best 200, and most of them ranks from 400 to 500 or even lower.

Thanks.

What is your specific interest in the sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
What is your specific interest in the sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have a very specific, If I have to choose I take Physics and IT.
I hoped also to find a course degree where you can choose different classes, I don't know if this system is available only in the USA.
Reply 7
For example in Germany I found rhine wall university, that is not bad, but is not even in the ranking, maybe because its news, maybe for others reasons, so in cases like this, there is no good reason to change country, considering I can found courses of the same quality where I live.

Thanks
WiSi.
Original post by WiSi
I don't have a very specific, If I have to choose I take Physics and IT.
I hoped also to find a course degree where you can choose different classes, I don't know if this system is available only in the USA.

There are Liberal Arts and Sciences degrees in the Netherlands where you can probably choose different classes and such. You are also an EU student so if you applied to Scotland your tuition would be free and Universities such as St Andrews have a modular system which is more flexible. A general NatSci Degree would probably be beneficial for you but I am unsure if there is a general NatSci Degree in Mainland Europe.

http://www.eunicas.co.uk/index.php/eunicas/course/the-ecole-bachelor-programme-1518.html
^this programme may be interesting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I would give you and example, the best choices I have where I live are two.

The Polytechnic of Milan, that is ranked 170 in the QS ranking, in which, due to my low income, I don't have to pay taxes, the only downside is that Milan is a very expensive city for me, and I think that to leave there I will need at least 1000 euros per month.

Bocconi university, in this case is not about science but about management that is ok, but is cost in my case 5000 euros per years as tuition fees, it is ranked in the top university of the world and probably the best considering that the same university in the Uk cost the double.

The Ecole polytechnique is a great option, I know about that uni because have great quality courses but I found out that the tuition fess are 12.000 euros, that is very expensive, at least for me.
Reply 10
On what I found out it seems that the best solutions is the Tu Delf, very high ranking and low tuition fees ( just 2000 euros per year).
It have very high quality courses and requires only an IELTS test.
Reply 11
There are Liberal Arts and Sciences degrees in the Netherlands where you can probably choose different classes and such. You are also an EU student so if you applied to Scotland your tuition would be free and Universities such as St Andrews have a modular system which is more flexible. A general NatSci Degree would probably be beneficial for you but I am unsure if there is a general NatSci Degree in Mainland Europe.

http://www.eunicas.co.uk/index.php/eunicas/course/the-ecole-bachelor-programme-1518.html
^this programme may be interesting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found out that Tu Delft have only 2 bachelor degree in english....I have to start a new research.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending