The Student Room Group

My flat mates

So I recently moved into halls (about 5 weeks ago) and I live with 6 other girls, we are all studying midwifery.
Everything has been running prettyyy smoothly up until last week. When I say smoothly I mean we are all getting along, apart from the fact that no one ever wants to go out clubbing, we’ve only been out properly twice. And I understand people come from different backgrounds but they never want to grab food or go out ever. There’s 3 of the girls who are in the same learning set in uni and the rest of us are pretty much split up but these 3 seem to congregate together and not include anyone else. Stupid stuff like saving seats and not doing it for anyone else and waiting for certain people before they leave but leaving others behind all the time. It feels like high school all over again.
Sometimes I think I’m imagining it so I knock on their room when them 3 are in there and I’m greeted with no answer or times when I poke my head round the corner anyway 1 will answe bluntly and the other 2 will just blank me.
I’m getting frustrated as they’re affecting the rest of the flat and the other girls are okay but it seems like they want to be part of the little group so go along with whatever whereas I’m finding that difficult. The other girls continue to wait for them even tho if the tables were turned they’d be left.
I’m stuck between making an effort and constantly being left out anyway or just doing my own thing, feel lonely (even tho I do anyway) and then get even more separated.
I make an effort and go who fancies going into town for shopping or going for cocktails and food in spoons and I get no I cba or I’m tired. I don’t know anyone else in halls either. We are moving out this summer into a 7 bed house so I think it may get even worse then.
Not everyone wants to go clubbing in uni , so what if they don't wanna go it saves them the embarrassment of doing something stupid
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
Not everyone wants to go clubbing in uni , so what if they don't wanna go it saves them the embarrassment of doing something stupid

Yeah I understand that, but there’s things that normal people do that don’t like clubbing, like go for coffee or food every once in a while.
And it’s not so much the going out thing it’s the cliqueyness
Original post by R2x
Yeah I understand that, but there’s things that normal people do that don’t like clubbing, like go for coffee or food every once in a while.
And it’s not so much the going out thing it’s the cliqueyness

maybe you chose the wrong housemates
Reply 4
Original post by Ray_Shadows
maybe you chose the wrong housemates

Yeah I think so, because we started in January we didn’t have much time to put down a deposit and sort out a house. Regretting it now
Original post by R2x
Yeah I think so, because we started in January we didn’t have much time to put down a deposit and sort out a house. Regretting it now

Hi, I know this is a dead thread now but I'm in literally the same situation at the moment and would love to know what you did!

I moved into uni halls in September and by late October/ early November people were already starting to look for accommodation for 2nd year. It took me by surprise and I got super panicked and just decided to live with my current flatmates, even though I don't really get along with them. I don't hate them, I just never really clicked with them despite many efforts in trying to get closer. They're all more extroverted than me and became close very quickly and love going clubbing a few times in the week but I prefer more chill nights. We finalised everything before Christmas but now I'm starting to regret it and worried that I'll have a terrible time next year. :frown:

Any advice would be great
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending