The Student Room Group

Course credit minimum

Just worked out today that I can't meet the minimum attendance requirements for credit on my course. I'm studying at Glasgow university and need to attend 7/10 tutorials this semester for mathematics in order to get any credit. I have already missed 4 for various reasons and now I have no idea what to do: do I carry on with the course, do I drop out, do I grovel to the university? Any help/guidance would be really helpful in me potentially un****ing my situation.
Original post by fmlIwannadie
Just worked out today that I can't meet the minimum attendance requirements for credit on my course. I'm studying at Glasgow university and need to attend 7/10 tutorials this semester for mathematics in order to get any credit. I have already missed 4 for various reasons and now I have no idea what to do: do I carry on with the course, do I drop out, do I grovel to the university? Any help/guidance would be really helpful in me potentially un****ing my situation.

You need to look at the rules online or from your department about gaining credit.

Talk to an advisor at the SU.

Talk to your tutor.

You say for various reasons but dont say what they are. Some of them they may accept are good ones i.e you were in hospital etc. If so you would put in an extenuating circs claim. It would always have veen sensible to know the rules and to keep the determining powers i.e your tutor informed.

An adviser or the rules could tell you what happens if they fail you on a module and whether they will let you resit in the Summer.

Dont hide. Do the research or talk to someone who knows and then inform the people who need to know rather than hiding. Am EC claim if you have good reasons may get you out. In any event no matter what your hand then you can choose to play it well or be a headless chicken.

Quick Reply

Latest