The Student Room Group

Really want a boyfriend

Hi!
I'm a uni student and a few days ago I turned 20 years ago, but it made me realise how inexperienced I am in the relationship field. I've barely dated, meanwhile most of my friends + people around seems to be cuddled up with their partners. I honestly wish I had that as well but I'm mostly alone.
I really don't want to be that person but I'm going to describe my attributes anyway.
I'm a really friendly, quirky and a (hopefully) approachable person. I consider myself as average/above average but tbh I don't know how others percieve me ahaha. I'm also a bit chubby but I'm working on my weight (even I don't think that's the main problem since I see chubbier people than me dating)
But is there any tips on how I could develop a relationship with a guy?
Thank you :biggrin:
You are your own best partner (I understand the potential for misinterpretation of that).
Enjoy being single, for there will come a time when you will long for this period.
You are only 20. You are just getting into the dating zone.
But don't rush into anything. Good things come with perfect timing, otherwise they wouldn't be good
(edited 6 years ago)
Talk to a guy, maybe?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
I'm a uni student and a few days ago I turned 20 years ago, but it made me realise how inexperienced I am in the relationship field. I've barely dated, meanwhile most of my friends + people around seems to be cuddled up with their partners. I honestly wish I had that as well but I'm mostly alone.
I really don't want to be that person but I'm going to describe my attributes anyway.
I'm a really friendly, quirky and a (hopefully) approachable person. I consider myself as average/above average but tbh I don't know how others percieve me ahaha. I'm also a bit chubby but I'm working on my weight (even I don't think that's the main problem since I see chubbier people than me dating)

I'm a guy that's never been in a relationship but want one. I would just say talk to people.
maybe start talking and then ask if he wants to go for a walk or something. just remember to go out there and be yourself. you go girl.
Reply 5
Original post by Maven Writers
You are your own best partner (I understand the potential for misinterpretation of that).
Enjoy being single, for there will come a time when you will long for this period.
You are only 20. You are just getting into the dating zone.
But don't rush into anything. Good things come with perfect timing, otherwise they wouldn't be good

That's really helpful, thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Talk to a guy, maybe?

I want to, but my shyness prevents me to even flirt let alone talk to a guy. So as you could see its not easy for me to effortlessly talk to a guy.
Hi!

I’m 18 and never had a boyfriend but I don’t feel insecure about it.
If it’s meant to be, they’ll come to you but ofc you need to make an effort in talking to people(not excessively though you’ll only look desperate) which I don’t haha
I want to, but my shyness prevents me to even flirt let alone talk to a guy. So as you could see its not easy for me to effortlessly talk to a guy.

How do you speak to your dad? Your brother? Are you shy then
Reply 9
How do you speak to your dad? Your brother? Are you shy then

You know I don't see dating potential in my dad or brother right? lol
You know I don't see dating potential in my dad or brother right? lol

But didnt you say you were shy and you cannot speak to a 'guy' and Im pretty your your dad and your brother, are both guys, right?
But didnt you say you were shy and you cannot speak to a 'guy' and Im pretty your your dad and your brother, are both guys, right?

Don't try to act smart you already know what she means. You really have to be a certain level of retard to think that she's too shy to talk to her family kmt

But to OP, have you joined societies yet? That would give you an opportunity to meet guys who are like-minded. Or ask your friends to hook up you up.
Original post by DeepMeaning
Don't try to act smart you already know what she means. You really have to be a certain level of retard to think that she's too shy to talk to her family kmt

Who said I was acting smart? I don't need to and second of all; she said she was shy when she speaks to a guy, so plz dont go throwing comment like being a 'retard' or 'acting smart' when It was genuine question I asked. There could be a reason to why she is shy and asking about her family could be a reason to it. Anything else?

Don't think about it too much. Forget the flirting side. Just do the basic interactions.

Join a club or society at uni and take it from there. The more you meet and have to interact with people, the better it'll be.
I am 32 years old I have had girlfriends and I have been with a guy I would love to get to know you and possibly get together 🥰
so you chose to go on TSR to say this.. 😆
Reply 16
Original post by Nathan Thomas
I am 32 years old I have had girlfriends and I have been with a guy I would love to get to know you and possibly get together 🥰

This thread is 2 years old :wtf:
For god sake
Original post by Nathan Thomas

Yes lad! Get in there!!
Original post by Fermion.
For god sake

How old r u

Quick Reply

Latest