The Student Room Group

I like someone I shouldnt

There's a guy on my course at uni and he's really fit. but he's also a massive player and I know that cause he cheated on his girlfriend lots before they split up. butt he's really charming and like I said really fit. So I guess I like him but I know I really shouldn't because of his past, I know I woildnt want a relationship with him cause I wouldnt trust him but is it bad to have a one night stand or somethin? The other issue is that one of my best friends likes him too but she has a bf who she's been w for ages and still likes her bf. So I feel bad likin him but then Im single and he's single so I guess I shouldnt. Im also not sure how he feels about me cause he flirts but then I think it's just cause he likes attention and I dunno if he's bein genuine. Help!
Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy on my course at uni and he's really fit. but he's also a massive player and I know that cause he cheated on his girlfriend lots before they split up. butt he's really charming and like I said really fit. So I guess I like him but I know I really shouldn't because of his past, I know I woildnt want a relationship with him cause I wouldnt trust him but is it bad to have a one night stand or somethin? The other issue is that one of my best friends likes him too but she has a bf who she's been w for ages and still likes her bf. So I feel bad likin him but then Im single and he's single so I guess I shouldnt. Im also not sure how he feels about me cause he flirts but then I think it's just cause he likes attention and I dunno if he's bein genuine. Help!

Do what you want. Flirt back and get it to lead somewhere.

Good luck!

Like you said you're single, don't feel bad. Be confident and when he flirts with you flirt back and have fun... it could possibly lead to somewhere. If it is just sex then so what you're single!!!
No harm just flirting and seeing what happens but you know to protect your heart and be careful about what he says or promises. If this were to lead to more than just a one night stand go very, very slow emotionally and don't put out too much for him. I like this saying: Girls that play 'hard to get' aren't worth getting but the girls that ARE 'hard to get' are worth the effort. BE hard to get - continue to live your own life and don't put too much emphasis on his life or a life with you two together until you KNOW he's going to be totally committed to you - which will take a lot of effort on his part to prove.
Thank you for your help! The problem is I'm not sure if he's interested because although I think he flirts on nights out but I'm not totally sure because it might just be that he likes female attention if you know what I mean? So how do I tell if he really is flirting or not? I don't want to make a fool of myself
Reply 5
Btw I'm the original poster😊
Original post by Anonymous1921
Thank you for your help! The problem is I'm not sure if he's interested because although I think he flirts on nights out but I'm not totally sure because it might just be that he likes female attention if you know what I mean? So how do I tell if he really is flirting or not? I don't want to make a fool of myself

If hes flirting with you constantly and asking questions like hes getting to know you, then I think he might like you. And tbh if I were you, I'd just flirt back, play along and see how it goes x
Reply 7
Probably a ****boy, ignore him

I have 100% been in this situation and don’t do it, is my advice, you will only hurt yourself and he won’t care.

Quick Reply

Latest