The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer = Complacency

Hiiiiii, I’m off to the University of York in October and I was lucky to be given an unconditional offer compared to the normal grade requirements of AAA. However, I find myself being really unmotivated and complacent with revision which I don’t like at all. I still need AAA really, especially for some of the postgrad stuff I’m looking at but I just can’t get motivated! I usually work on fear of failing but that isn’t applicable really anymore! Any tips?
Original post by Scarlettcake
Hiiiiii, I’m off to the University of York in October and I was lucky to be given an unconditional offer compared to the normal grade requirements of AAA. However, I find myself being really unmotivated and complacent with revision which I don’t like at all. I still need AAA really, especially for some of the postgrad stuff I’m looking at but I just can’t get motivated! I usually work on fear of failing but that isn’t applicable really anymore! Any tips?

Just focus on the fact you will need them for after for further studies and jobs.
Remind yourself its 5 months top.

If you dont want to o yourself justice, then carry on as you are. Its going to be sad if some day in the future though you need them and you look back and realise you couldnt be bothered. Your life and your choice.
Original post by 999tigger
Just focus on the fact you will need them for after for further studies and jobs.
Remind yourself its 5 months top.

If you dont want to o yourself justice, then carry on as you are. Its going to be sad if some day in the future though you need them and you look back and realise you couldnt be bothered. Your life and your choice.

This is just the scaremongering I needed 😂 Thank you!
Original post by Scarlettcake
This is just the scaremongering I needed 😂 Thank you!

It isnt scaremongering, it is how it works.

Realise this. If you fail, then no one else (except maybe your parents) will care. Do it for yourself.

Quick Reply