The Student Room Group

Struggling with what MSc to do, help!

So, I qualified with a 2:1 in Social Work at Lancaster university in 2016, went on to work in frontline child protection, went off, had a baby, now gone back into the therapeutic 1:1 side with children experiencing domestic abuse. I’ve realised my passion, and I’d love to go into Play Therapy, however the course look far and in between 🤭

Can anyone advise what MSc courses would help go in that direction? I’ve been thinking a MSc in psychology of Child development at UCLAN, but I just don’t know 😩
Original post by Lucyj09
So, I qualified with a 2:1 in Social Work at Lancaster university in 2016, went on to work in frontline child protection, went off, had a baby, now gone back into the therapeutic 1:1 side with children experiencing domestic abuse. I’ve realised my passion, and I’d love to go into Play Therapy, however the course look far and in between 🤭

Can anyone advise what MSc courses would help go in that direction? I’ve been thinking a MSc in psychology of Child development at UCLAN, but I just don’t know 😩

Maybe look at jobs in the field and see what sorts of qualifications they need?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending