The Student Room Group

RS or Business at GCSE?

Hi,I'm in year 9 and at the moment we are choosing our GCSEs and I am unsure of whether I should take RS or business studies as my tenth option. I am already doing ( as well as maths, English literature and English language ) triple science,history and geography. Which is more enjoyable and interesting ? I don't really mind about which is easier, as I tend to do very well at school. Thanks for any help.
I really enjoyed RS at GCSE as it is really interesting and helps to develop your debating and essay writing skills
Business. I think it is brilliant! I am working at a grade 8 in Business (year 10) so any questions fee free to ask. :h:
I really disliked RS at GCSE, that was me personally cause I just found it really boring, but loads of people I know found it really chilled and got a great grade. I think business is probably more applicable and impressive in the real world, and it's more challenging so you might find it more interesting.
Original post by Ali Husain
I can tell you now, RS is the easiest subject and its pretty fun too. I only got three A stars and one of them was RS, which was the easiest one too. Business studies is actually atrocious and not respected at all. Neither is it respected at A level or GCSE. Whereas RS is great for RS and A level too, I regret not taking it for A level.

You can go and search online anywhere, Business studies is literally the worst. Okay, maybe not as bad as social or general studies, but its pretty bad.

It's really not. Don't demotivate others and not to tell them to do subjects because it is 'not respected' because you didn't enjoy it yourself. it is a very well respected subject, perhaps one of the most respected, as it very much applies in the real world. Please don't say RS is great for A- Level if you didn't take it. Thanks! :u:
Original post by Ali Husain
I can tell you now, RS is the easiest subject and its pretty fun too. I only got three A stars and one of them was RS, which was the easiest one too. Business studies is actually atrocious and not respected at all. Neither is it respected at A level or GCSE. Whereas RS is great for RS and A level too, I regret not taking it for A level.

You can go and search online anywhere, Business studies is literally the worst. Okay, maybe not as bad as social or general studies, but its pretty bad.

RS is thought of way worse than Business at A level.

Quick Reply

Latest