The Student Room Group

Dentistry schools which aren't GCSE heavy...

Dentistry schools which don't put as much emphasis on GCSEs.
Original post by Magnolia0
Dentistry schools which don't put as much emphasis on GCSEs.

okay, so... what did u get in your gcses first?
Original post by 00sevenmagic
okay, so... what did u get in your gcses first?

2A's and mainly B's.
I know they are really bad but I was going through severe depression as it took me a long time to cope with my grandfather's death and our family dynamic was very bad and toxic too during that time.
Original post by Magnolia0
2A's and mainly B's.
I know they are really bad but I was going through severe depression as it took me a long time to cope with my grandfather's death and our family dynamic was very bad and toxic too during that time.

Portsmouth only want 7 A*-C grades
Original post by Ray_Shadows
Portsmouth only want 7 A*-C grades

Thank You :smile: the only problem is that my family don't let me move out but I'm trying to convince them :frown:
Bump
Original post by TheEnchantress
2A's and mainly B's.

Sp somewhere like Plymouth or Bristol would be good. Plymouth has a UKCAT cut off, so if do well in the UKCAT and get 660+ then however badly u have done in yours gcses doesn't matter. Bristol has only a 15% weighting on gcses so probs checks got 5A*-C grades and maybe a B in science or something like that. The biggest weighting for bristiol is personal statment which is 50%. So if have lots of work experience ect u may have a chance.

don't loose hope. Just contact all unis and look up on there websites to see how they choose appliacnts for interviews.
Original post by 00sevenmagic
Sp somewhere like Plymouth or Bristol would be good. Plymouth has a UKCAT cut off, so if do well in the UKCAT and get 660+ then however badly u have done in yours gcses doesn't matter. Bristol has only a 15% weighting on gcses so probs checks got 5A*-C grades and maybe a B in science or something like that. The biggest weighting for bristiol is personal statment which is 50%. So if have lots of work experience ect u may have a chance.

don't loose hope. Just contact all unis and look up on there websites to see how they choose applicants for interviews.

Thank You so much :crown::crossedf:

Quick Reply

Latest