The Student Room Group

Insecure

I'm 18, I've always been bullied for being short, quiet and sometimes my make up because I never used to be that good at it. Family members also make comments. I was also diagnosed with anaemia and an anxiety disorder.
I get paranoid about people talking about me, mainly if it's about the way I look like today I think 2 girls and this guy were talking about me, I have a lazy eye and was worried it might've been to do with that, these guys take the p*ss but I'm not sure if it's in a joking way like saying I'm part of the 7 dwarfs,
I think people think that I'm ugly, they're judging me for the way I look and I get this feeling I get talked about behind my back a lot, this makes my anxiety kick off and makes me not want to go to college but I have too as I failed all my GCSEs, I just want to kill myself though.
I'm fat, my face is asymmetric, lots of beauty spots, big forehead, face doesn't line up properly, nose is too small for my face, one eye is bigger than the other, lazy eye, one eyebrow higher, one side of my face chubbier and higher again, I'm pure ugly.
I've never had any trouble with getting guys but they're not really attractive, I also seem to attract their horrible personalities as well as looks and me and other girls don't get on, have a hard time making friends, I don't have any confidence, compare myself to these girls, wish I was prettier, wish I was rich and had a better life or better grades.

Scroll to see replies

How short are you?
hey come on don't be too hard on yourself

put everything social away for now , where are you now in the education process ?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18, I've always been bullied for being short, quiet and sometimes my make up because I never used to be that good at it. Family members also make comments. I was also diagnosed with anaemia and an anxiety disorder.
I get paranoid about people talking about me, mainly if it's about the way I look like today I think 2 girls and this guy were talking about me, I have a lazy eye and was worried it might've been to do with that, these guys take the p*ss but I'm not sure if it's in a joking way like saying I'm part of the 7 dwarfs,
I think people think that I'm ugly, they're judging me for the way I look and I get this feeling I get talked about behind my back a lot, this makes my anxiety kick off and makes me not want to go to college but I have too as I failed all my GCSEs, I just want to kill myself though.
I'm fat, my face is asymmetric, lots of beauty spots, big forehead, face doesn't line up properly, nose is too small for my face, one eye is bigger than the other, lazy eye, one eyebrow higher, one side of my face chubbier and higher again, I'm pure ugly.
I've never had any trouble with getting guys but they're not really attractive, I also seem to attract their horrible personalities as well as looks and me and other girls don't get on, have a hard time making friends, I don't have any confidence, compare myself to these girls, wish I was prettier, wish I was rich and had a better life or better grades.

Tip No.1 - never care about what other people think.
Most of the time people will talk behind your back or make negative comments about your appearance because they are either jealous of you or it makes them feel better in doing so.
You are being so harsh on yourself... I am a short girl and no where near the definition of perfection but I'm happy. I can tell you are insecure but you just need to believe in yourself and give yourself that glimmer of hope and self-motivation.
Everyone is beautiful and unique in their own way, those girls you see on Instagram are staged and there are many blog posts stating how they 'stand in the mirror for 3 hours on end just to get one perfect shot to make themselves look as though they are living the perfect life'.
Get your head down hun, dedicate yourself to revising and honestly you will be amazed at the things you can achieve. I went through a really down moment just before exams and i going a gym which also had a spa conjoined into it. Visiting whenever i could helped me release stress and tension, making me a calmer person with a higher concentration span. I also became a lot healthier (mentally and physically).
Never be that harsh on yourself again hun because I promise you that things can only get better from now on and you being yourself is your best self (GIVE THOSE HATERS SOMETHING TO HATE ON) xxx
Reply 4
How short are you?

Not sure exactly but definitely under at least 5'4, last time I checked which was a while back, 4'9 but may have grown since then but not a lot.
Reply 5
Original post by lottiedx
Tip No.1 - never care about what other people think.
Most of the time people will talk behind your back or make negative comments about your appearance because they are either jealous of you or it makes them feel better in doing so.
You are being so harsh on yourself... I am a short girl and no where near the definition of perfection but I'm happy. I can tell you are insecure but you just need to believe in yourself and give yourself that glimmer of hope and self-motivation.
Everyone is beautiful and unique in their own way, those girls you see on Instagram are staged and there are many blog posts stating how they 'stand in the mirror for 3 hours on end just to get one perfect shot to make themselves look as though they are living the perfect life'.
Get your head down hun, dedicate yourself to revising and honestly you will be amazed at the things you can achieve. I went through a really down moment just before exams and i going a gym which also had a spa conjoined into it. Visiting whenever i could helped me release stress and tension, making me a calmer person with a higher concentration span. I also became a lot healthier (mentally and physically).
Never be that harsh on yourself again hun because I promise you that things can only get better from now on and you being yourself is your best self (GIVE THOSE HATERS SOMETHING TO HATE ON) xxx

My height personally doesn't bother me as such, it's the fact that I am a target, even thought I can stick up for myself there are times like now I'm in such a bad place I don't have the confidence too. Xx
Reply 6
Anxiety was my downfall, I was so broken inside I couldn't focus on GCSEs
Reply 7
Original post by Ray_Shadows
hey come on don't be too hard on yourself

put everything social away for now , where are you now in the education process ?

I am in college doing level 1 functional skills
Reply 8
Don't have the money
I am in college doing level 1 functional skills

just work hard on that , what about an apprenticeship
Original post by Ray_Shadows
just work hard on that , what about an apprenticeship

I want to work with animals, I always have since I was 11, I can't find any in my area though and a lot of them you need GCSEs for
Concentrate on something that will help you progress no point focusing on what you can't change, cliche I know. For me, getting into the gym really helped my confidence. But everyone is different, your young and will grow into your looks, and 11/10 people aren't actually looking/talking about you believe it or not, you are your own harshest criticiser. Also focus on the positives, you're alive and well and able to get an education, so many girls would kill for that. X
I want to work with animals, I always have since I was 11, I can't find any in my area though and a lot of them you need GCSEs for

i would talk to your college about that
Having anaemia makes you lose a lot of energy which is causing problems, same with tiredness, I've never had motivation, I'm exhausted emotionally, so tired of hating myself inside and out, I only live for my pets now so I have no idea how to think in a positive way, I'm tired of having to pick myself up
Original post by JDieMstr
Deal with it.

Lol why comment such an irrelevant comment? Smh
Having anaemia makes you lose a lot of energy which is causing problems, same with tiredness, I've never had motivation, I'm exhausted emotionally, so tired of hating myself inside and out, I only live for my pets now so I have no idea how to think in a positive way, I'm tired of having to pick myself up

Do you take iron tablets, a good place to start would be aiming to get your diet right, doing exercise too. I think also seeing a GP about counselling might be a good option too. I also think with these things every journey needs a starting point so doing your college level 1 is a step toward getting the job you want to. You have to research routes and options. Also remember to hang in there. So many people have mental health issues, anxiety issues etc... you are not alone. I feel sometimes we can seek solace in that.
I actually feel too insecure to talk to anyone and my doctors told me over the phone rather than face to face about anaemia, it's not that bad so they just said go to their chemist and tell the people there about it and they'll sort something but I knew without a prescription it would be waste of time, my doctors also are really bad as you can probably tell, never been helpful despite going multiple times all they offered was counselling which I don't have time for now and it'll get in the way.
Original post by DrXavier
Do you take iron tablets, a good place to start would be aiming to get your diet right, doing exercise too. I think also seeing a GP about counselling might be a good option too. I also think with these things every journey needs a starting point so doing your college level 1 is a step toward getting the job you want to. You have to research routes and options. Also remember to hang in there. So many people have mental health issues, anxiety issues etc... you are not alone. I feel sometimes we can seek solace in that.

Anaemia is in my family so it's not really to do with diet.
Original post by bennp1999

I thought the same
Original post by bennp1999

"such an irrelevant comment" ahahahahaha....idiot pls.

Even a half-wit can see that the OP is sharing their unfavourable circumstances due to her physical features that she has stated herself. My comment of "Deal with it" means in its simplest form "Make do with what ya got" which is relevant if you have to eyes to read her post and the brain capacity to grasp her situation.

P.S. Me thinks this bennp1999 person is the OP.

Quick Reply