The Student Room Group

I'm exceptionally ugly but I don't know why

Most times (not always though) when I talk to someone hot their friend will drag them away from me.

4s keep trying to hit on me and approach me.

I literally have no idea why I'm soooo ugly. I don't have ****ed up features or anything like that, and for some reason straight men believe I'm extremely attractive (and average women too ofc think I'm an "11").

So it's very blatant I'm utterly repulsive physically.

But why? How can I find out why?

Scroll to see replies

Well if there is a massive difference in how people react to you online vs offline:

insecurity? lack of personality?
Perhaps the friend recognizes that you are just 'rating' her friend. The kind of girl one would actually want to date doesn't like being sized up. It really shouldn't be about landing a 'hot' girl or a '10' but about getting to know the quality of the character of the person, yes, that is cliche but it is true. I think you'd be surprise that girls are lot more perceptive than you might think and are staying clear of guys that are shallow and probably judgmental. I seriously doubt you are hideously ugly but it is more the 'vibe' you are sending out.
A girl's friend doesn't know if I'm insecure or have no personality when she's not even close enough to hear me talk. So she's probably just dragging her friend away from the ugly guy.

When I'm out, hot women are CONSTANTLY turning to average guys dancing at them and stuff. They are legit just like average guys or 6s and not doing anything special just standing there dancing. Every time an ~average guy approaches a girl even if she resembles a supermodel she'll be into him, I've almost never seen a guy get rejected unless he was really ugly or really short. Or if a guy gets rejected it's after a short conversation, NEVER just turned away immediately.

It's probably ******** about "getting to know someone's character". Both women and men want to get with physically attractive people. Women are literally no better in that they'll check out someone hot.

4s are in love with me immediately, they approach me all the time, try to chat me up... So my vibe can't be that bad. But I don't find them attractive at all... And yeah I'm probably not "hideously ugly" but very likely a 3 or 4.
genetic defect
Original post by RockyDennis
A girl's friend doesn't know if I'm insecure or have no personality when she's not even close enough to hear me talk. So she's probably just dragging her friend away from the ugly guy.

When I'm out, hot women are CONSTANTLY turning to average guys dancing at them and stuff. They are legit just like average guys or 6s and not doing anything special just standing there dancing. Every time an ~average guy approaches a girl even if she resembles a supermodel she'll be into him, I've almost never seen a guy get rejected unless he was really ugly or really short. Or if a guy gets rejected it's after a short conversation, NEVER just turned away immediately.

It's probably ******** about "getting to know someone's character". Both women and men want to get with physically attractive people. Women are literally no better in that they'll check out someone hot.

4s are in love with me immediately, they approach me all the time, try to chat me up... So my vibe can't be that bad. But I don't find them attractive at all... And yeah I'm probably not "hideously ugly" but very likely a 3 or 4.

So if average guys approach a hot girl and dont get rejected what happens when you approach a girl.
Original post by angelike1
So if average guys approach a hot girl and dont get rejected what happens when you approach a girl.

Depends.

Usually I'm too scared to do it, even drunk I can be too frightened.

If I do, she might talk back but unenthusiastically, and possibly leave OR she might talk to me fine and her friend will drag her away from me. From time to time they might be interested, but it's really rare for anything above a 5 to be into me. I'm not boring either, I have pretty good energy.

MOST of the really attractive women I've hooked up with thought they were 5/10s.
Depends.

Usually I'm too scared to do it, even drunk I can be too frightened.

If I do, she might talk back but unenthusiastically, and possibly leave OR she might talk to me fine and her friend will drag her away from me. From time to time they might be interested, but it's really rare for anything above a 5 to be into me. I'm not boring either, I have pretty good energy.

MOST of the really attractive women I've hooked up with thought they were 5/10s.

possibly lacking charm - not flirtatious enough or being obvious in your intentions.
Original post by angelike1
possibly lacking charm - not flirtatious enough or being obvious in your intentions.

Are you a woman? Just guessing from the "angel" in your username.

Are you saying I should be direct? Like walk over and say "hey you're cute/fit" or whatever? Everyone I know who pulls models all the time say this is the worst thing possible.
Are you a woman? Just guessing from the "angel" in your username.

Are you saying I should be direct? Like walk over and say "hey you're cute/fit" or whatever? Everyone I know who pulls models all the time say this is the worst thing possible.

No I'm a guy but this is what I've noticed with 'average' looking guys.

Yeah dude go for it. Chances are they might not know you're attracted to them.
Reply 10
Most times (not always though) when I talk to someone hot their friend will drag them away from me.

4s keep trying to hit on me and approach me.

I literally have no idea why I'm soooo ugly. I don't have ****ed up features or anything like that, and for some reason straight men believe I'm extremely attractive (and average women too ofc think I'm an "11":wink:.

So it's very blatant I'm utterly repulsive physically.

But why? How can I find out why?

not you again.

for Gods sake man...

You are the dictionary definition of a male attention whore

sort yourself out.........
You are not ugly it's just that you don't have confidence in you. If you really like someone don't be afraid, of asking.You yourself do not have faith and confidence in yourself. If you really want to lose your ugliness, stop thinking that you are ugly.Be positive about yourself and be a charm and ask a girl out. That will help you get rid of the afraidness that you have within you. FYI that is what all girl want to hear from a person to approach them, directly.
Original post by jane21august
You are not ugly it's just that you don't have confidence in you. If you really like someone don't be afraid, of asking.You yourself do not have faith and confidence in yourself. If you really want to lose your ugliness, stop thinking that you are ugly.Be positive about yourself and be a charm and ask a girl out. That will help you get rid of the afraidness that you have within you. FYI that is what all girl want to hear from a person to approach them, directly.

My mate has literally hooked up with famous models srs, he lives in LA. He told me "going direct is stupid".

Are you sure this is the best thing to do?

I mean UK culture could be different yeah. NONE of my friends can pull. NONE of them, so it's not like I can ask them wtf you're meant to do. I've never known any guy in my life who can pull to save his life so I was never taught.

It's not like I haven't done it many times. But I rarely try to talk to anyone legit hot and when I do it usually doesn't go anywhere. Every girl I've ever got with we like made eye contact and sort of mutually started talking.
I can't see you and therefore can't 'rate' your looks. Rating someone's exteriority is a 5hit and shallow practice. So the prospect of being chatted up by someone who's drunk or afraid (your words), judgemental and lacking charisma (my interpretation) ie. before looks even come into it, is less than appealing.
Original post by DrSocSciences
I can't see you and therefore can't 'rate' your looks. Rating someone's exteriority is a 5hit and shallow practice. So the prospect of being chatted up by someone who's drunk or afraid (your words), judgemental and lacking charisma (my interpretation) ie. before looks even come into it, is less than appealing.

No. It isn't a **** practice.

Hot women constantly refer to guys as being "10s" or rating guys out of 10. They're fine with it.

I have pretty good energy.

To be fair I like never approach anyone I find attractive since I'm too scared. BUT at the same time constantly hot women are opening average guys standing at the bar and stuff.
(edited 6 years ago)
No. It isn't a **** practice.

Hot women constantly refer to guys as being "10s" or rating guys out of 10. They're fine with it.

I have pretty good energy.

To be fair I like never approach anyone I find attractive since I'm too scared. BUT at the same time constantly hot women are opening average guys standing at the bar and stuff. I've been told before I look "sad" all the time. Even when I'm having the time of my life. I think this is because my mouth is downturned giving me a depressed appearance at rest.

Wake up. Your current methods are totally ineffective, so you clearly need to change both your approach and your mindset.
Original post by DrSocSciences
Wake up. Your current methods are totally ineffective, so you clearly need to change both your approach and your mindset.

Okay but if what I'm doing is so bad, why do average women or sometimes 6s literally fall in love with me every time?

Is there any way I can figure out for sure whether my face is problematic.

You tell me what I should be doing. So let's say I'm standing at a bar and see someone I'm interested in. What exactly should I do? Let's just assume here that I'm not too terrified to talk to her, as I'm not ALWAYS terrified, just some nights.

Give me a tutorial lol.
Idk, personality and charisma play an awful lot when approaching a woman. If you're too shy and nervous or even extremely overly confident then it's not exactly a good first impression.
Original post by Applepiex3
Idk, personality and charisma play an awful lot when approaching a woman. If you're too shy and nervous or even extremely overly confident then it's not exactly a good first impression.

Lmao srs?

That's very unfortunate... I'm so unsure about my appearance I'm scared to hit on anyone attractive. I just assume I'm ugly and going to embarass myself because I'm ugly. Because of this, USUALLY if I approach anyone attractive I'm sort of apprehensive and not really committing to it.

Not always though, sometimes I can approach okay.

I probably need to just go out on Ritalin or Dexedrine or something for dat dere confidence boost, instead of *****y alcohol which lowers inhibitions but does fck all for confidence.
There is also a numbers game. Have you even been to a club w/ a single hot girl? I have. She will have many, many guys come up and want to chat her up. The first couple of times its flattering - especially when she is young and it is all knew. Then as she matures it becomes very old and annoying. The girls want to be nice but they aren't really there just to be chatted up by a bunch of random guys. Honestly, the 'hot' girls I know are like the other regular girls and would prefer ONE solid relationship and aren't looking for hookups at a club. The 'average' guys you see dancing w/ the 'hot' girls are probably guys she already knows or someone that she feels more secure around.... he didn't use pick up lines and his demeanor is confident but not overly so and his tone sounds sincere. Your discussion about pulling is telling. It sounds like you are just wanting to pull a girl - nothing more.
So pull the '4' unless you don't think she isn't good enough for you. All guys are more likely to pull with a '4' than a '10' because it's a numbers thing there are just more '4's than '10's. But that being said there are just not a lot of girls - at least that I know - who want to be pulled regardless of their attractiveness score because most girls end up feeling used (and being used). Although there are girls out there who just want a hookup it's not common.
If you want to get to know a girl for dating purposes then maybe a club setting isn't the best anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending