The Student Room Group

IAL Cash In

I have the following questions:
1. Can I cash in General Maths after the results are out?
2. In order to give Further Pure Maths the units: C12,C34,FP1,FP2 are needed. So, after completing C12,C34 for General Maths in May and cashing out the subject after results are out can I give C12,C34 for Further Pure Maths in January Session?

Thank You and I would really appreciate your response.
Original post by Roy97
I have the following questions:
1. Can I cash in General Maths after the results are out?
2. In order to give Further Pure Maths the units: C12,C34,FP1,FP2 are needed. So, after completing C12,C34 for General Maths in May and cashing out the subject after results are out can I give C12,C34 for Further Pure Maths in January Session?

Thank You and I would really appreciate your response.

My understanding of the rules is that you can't be awarded both qualifications though I've never encountered anyone prepared to retake the core maths exams in order to try and achieve it. I think the second qualification is just Pure Maths btw. I suggest you contact EDEXCEL directly or through your exams officer to check whether repeating the exams would allow you to cash in a Pure Maths A level with C1234F1&2 as well as a standard Maths A level with C1234 plus two applications units.
Reply 2
They allow both but my ques is can I cash in after the results?
Yes your exam centre can apply for late cash in after results are received. This is sorted out very quickly in the summer exam period, I dont know how quickly during IAL only exam periods.

Quick Reply

Latest