The Student Room Group

Is Equality Between the Two Genders Fair?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by copycat321
It is not fair to push either men or women into something that is not their natural inclination.

Agreed. But just exactly what is the "natural inclination" of men or women? Is it where men have to be train drivers and women princesses?
Original post by CookieButter
...Equality, that marxist, communist concept, is flawed in all its forms...

The idea of 'equality' isn't exactly a Marxist invention. Moreover, one of the central ideas in Marxist Communism is that each should be provided for according to their individual needs, a concept that is widely recognised as an appeal to equitable arrangements rather than 'equal' ones. Maybe you are trying too hard to attack Marxism?
Men and women are not the same on average.

No two people are the same, regardless of their sex.
Original post by Axiomasher
The idea of 'equality' isn't exactly a Marxist invention. Moreover, one of the central ideas in Marxist Communism is that each should be provided for according to their individual needs, a concept that is widely recognised as an appeal to equitable arrangements rather than 'equal' ones. Maybe you are trying too hard to attack Marxism?

There is no such thing as "marxist communism". Marxism and communism are practically the same thing. The people who created marxism were practically the same people who created communism. Namely, Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels....They took their marxist ideology and created a political system out of it and called it communism.

Now to your point about equality. I'm not too familiar with the history of this concept and its origins...but I know that marxism adopted equality as its main political concept and marxism is the main driving force behind equality in the west. There is a reason why its called equality...emphasis on the word equal....as in same...as in treating people IDENTICALLY..regardless of their differences...communist theory is based in its entirety on the idea that outcomes in society are different not because we are different but because of discrimination between the rich and poor....and that we are all the same...in the world of communism a doctor is the same as hobo...their differences in outcomes resulting not from ones discipline and the other's lack there of but because of discrimination...... In Karl Marx's communist manifesto he yaps about men and women deserving equal treatment....and equal outcomes and equal opportunities....he claims that men and women have different outcomes in society not because they are different but because the Bourgeois (the wealthy) have put in place a system that discriminates against men and women in such a way that it advantages men and subjugates women. John Paul Sartre took this idea in the early 1900s and developed it into the theory of existentialism and Othering and his partner Simone De Beauvoir took his idea of othering and Karl Marx's theory of discrimination between the rich and the poor and swapped the words rich with man and poor with women creating the concept of the patriarchy, which gave birth to feminism in the 60s. The latter ideology being based in its entirety on communist equality, the idea that men and women should be treated EQUALLY....as in the same way and should have the same outcomes in society and when they don't its sexism not nature and this is based entirely on the idea that men and women are the SAME.

Marxism is based on Equality and Equality is not Equity:

(edited 6 years ago)
Men and women are not the same on average.

How do you know? Men are physiologically stonger that women but I wouldn't be bold enough to claim anything else. What measure did you have in mind?
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
Why should women negotiate less (on average) and leave a job to have kids, then return and expect the same salary as her male counterpart who has now got more experience?

+1

You won't ever get a reply to this very good question....
(edited 6 years ago)
There is no such thing as "marxist communism"....

Stopped reading right there tbh.
Reply 27
Original post by cat_mac
EBE6C233-6041-45F6-8CCB-2C6894503145.jpg.jpeg

This sums it up pretty well.

I must be having a blonde day today or something because I don't get it.
Original post by ANM775
I must be having a blonde day today or something because I don't get it.

Equality is everyone treated the same, equity is everyone being treated fairly. So on this case, the shorter guys get the necessary number of crates to stand on to see the game over the fence, which is fair rather than equal.
Original post by Axiomasher
Stopped reading right there tbh.

That is your prerogative good sir. I'm not going to force you to engage with anything that you do not like to engage in

Right but they can put:

1. More funding for prostate cancer

2. More help for homeless men

3. More funding for male suicide prevention

The list goes on...

So long as feminism remains institutionalised in this country these things that you have mentioned will never happen nor anything else that benefits men. We are dealing with a highly institutionalised, sexist ideology that teaches its followers that men are privileged and women are disadvantaged, that men are a problem and women are the solution to that problem. That men have too much power and women are in need of it. People like this will do their utmost to keep men from receiving any help.

This following video demonstrates this problem that men face with institutionalised feminism very clearly. Its of Jess Philips a feminist parliamentarian. In it she laughs at and mocks the idea that the British parliament should discuss high suicide rates amongst men on international men’s day. She's a beneficiary of the sexist parliamentary women-only short-lists. As in this woman did not gain her seat in parliament out of merit but thanks to sexist policies that favour women over men and this is the only way feminists can gain power in this country where they are highly unpopular. She starts her sexist, feminist tirade at 4:30....At the end she says "when I have parity" she quickly corrects herself and says "when women have parity you can have your debate"...This is one of thousands of examples of how feminists are actively involved in the suffering and disadvantage that men are facing in this country...they actively work to deny men help.

You cannot expect jews to gain help in a country run by nazis and men are to feminism what jews are to nazism. You cannot expect men to gain the help that they so desperately need in this country so long as feminism remains in power.

[video="youtube;8XX6ATwQv7Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XX6ATwQv7Q&t=2s[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by cat_mac
Equality is everyone treated the same, equity is everyone being treated fairly. So on this case, the shorter guys get the necessary number of crates to stand on to see the game over the fence, which is fair rather than equal.

I don't really see the problem with everyone being treated fairly.

would you like to be treated unfairly?

and If you went to a gig or something with a 3 year old child who was too small to see over the crowd would you not lift him to sit on your shoulders or something?

and look at your photo again, they are not shorter "guys" they are shorter children. The tallest of the three is the adult [most likely the dad], you can even see him badling
So long as feminism remains institutionalised in this country these things that you have mentioned will never happen nor anything else that benefits men. We are dealing with a highly institutionalised, sexist ideology that teaches its followers that men are privileged and women are disadvantaged, that men are a problem and women are the solution to that problem. That men have too much power and women are in need of it. People like this will do their utmost to keep men from receiving any help.

This following video demonstrates this problem that men face with institutionalised feminism very clearly. Its of Jess Philips a feminist parliamentarian. In it she laughs at and mocks the idea that the British parliament should discuss high suicide rates amongst men on international men’s day. She's a beneficiary of the sexist parliamentary women-only short-lists. As in this woman did not gain her seat in parliament out of merit but thanks to sexist policies that favour women over men....the only way feminists can gain power in this country. She starts her sexist, feminist tirade at 4:30....At the end she says "when I have parity" she quickly corrects herself and says "when women have parity you can have your debate"...This is one of thousands of examples of how feminists are actively involved in the suffering and disadvantage that men are facing in this country...they actively work to deny men help.

[video="youtube;8XX6ATwQv7Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XX6ATwQv7Q&t=2s[/video]

Yeh I remember seeing this video and others of this wretched women a while back. Makes my blood boil.
Original post by ANM775
I don't really see the problem with everyone being treated fairly.

would you like to be treated unfairly?

and If you went to a gig or something with a 3 year old child who was too small to see over the crowd would you not lift him to sit on your shoulders or something?

and look at your photo again, they are not shorter "guys" they are shorter children. The tallest of the three is the adult [most likely the dad], you can even see him badling

There isn’t one, I was siding with equity! Giving everyone exactly the same things is ignorant to people’s disadvantages in life. Equality is adding stairs to reach a highpoint, as it makes getting there easier for the average person. Equity is adding a ramp or stair lift so everyone can reach the highpoint.
Yeh I remember seeing this video and others of this wretched women a while back. Makes my blood boil.

+1

You know what the scary thing is about all this? This is only touching the surface of this ugly monster that is feminism...the deeper you dig into this movement the more depraved, narcissistic, perverted and hate-filled things become ... The more you learn about this ideology the more you learn to hate it and its followers who all, without a single exception, are either man-hating sexists, ignoramuses or corrupt individuals after easy money and power without merit or a combination of all three.
I have so much to say about this topic as a huge feminist but my hand hurts and I don’t want to type
That is your prerogative good sir. I'm not going to force you to engage with anything that you do not like to engage in

Christ Almighty, Jess Phillips is utterly thick. What a poisonous individual.

Here's a video's that's quite recent from this country. I'm not sure if you've seen it but yeah. You might find it interesting if you haven't.....This is what feminism does to the minds of its followers....it turns them into raging misandrists:

[video="youtube;_BUNC0pp87c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BUNC0pp87c[/video]

She is talking to the men who support feminism....listen to what she says "Know your place. This is a women's movement!!!"
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Christ Almighty, Jess Phillips is utterly thick. What a poisonous individual.

Indeed she is and the only way a person like her can gain power in this country is through sexist policies introduced by feminists....i.e. the woman-only parliamentary short-lists.
Indeed she is and the only way a person like her can gain power in this country is through sexist policies introduced by feminists....i.e. the woman-only parliamentary short-lists.

Yep.
Reply 39
Here's a video's that's quite recent from this country. I'm not sure if you've seen it but yeah. You might find it interesting if you haven't.....This is what feminism does to the minds of its followers....it turns them into raging misandrists:

[video="youtube;_BUNC0pp87c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BUNC0pp87c[/video]

She is talking to the men who support feminism....listen to what she says "Know your place. This is a women's movement!!!"

This has put me off feminism even more tbh........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending