The Student Room Group

A question for the Flat-Earther’s

Hello
Elon Musk asked this question after the launch of the Falcon Heavy:
If there is a Flat Earth society, then why is there not a Flat Mars society?
The FEs replied “Because Mars has been proven to be round”

Then why would Earth be flat if Mars and all the other planets in the Solar System be round?

Scroll to see replies

Why are you even asking this? Pretty much no one believes in all that. Isn't this trying to create a debate where none exists?
Reply 2
There are no genuine Flat Earthers. People just pretend to be one in order to seem edgy or wacky or as a wind-up.
Original post by IDOZ
Hello
Elon Musk asked this question after the launch of the Falcon Heavy:
If there is a Flat Earth society, then why is there not a Flat Mars society?
The FEs replied “Because Mars has been proven to be round”

Then why would Earth be flat if Mars and all the other planets in the Solar System be round?

The earth is not in a solar system. There is no solar system. There are no planets. A solar system is in the imagination of those who choose to believe in this stuff, nothing more.
Reply 4
Here we go, nutter #1 has arrived
Original post by Drummond
The earth is not in a solar system. There is no solar system. There are no planets. A solar system is in the imagination of those who choose to believe in this stuff, nothing more.

So Earth is the only planet, other planets don’t exist and we don’t orbit the sun? K then mate
Original post by CountBrandenburg
So Earth is the only planet, other planets don’t exist and we don’t orbit the sun? K then mate

How do you know that what you stand on is spinning?

Explain how the day and night system would work as we know it on a flat earth? Explain how we have different seasons, and explain why physics we have gained from the knowledge the Earth is round works so well when designing stuff?
Reply 8
Explain how the day and night system would work as we know it on a flat earth? Explain how we have different seasons, and explain why physics we have gained from the knowledge the Earth is round works so well when designing stuff?

Don't feed the troll.

I mean, I hate to point this out but there are hundreds of pendulums if sufficient mass built all over world that are left to swing all day every day, and funnily enough they rotate a full circle pattern over the course of a whole day.

So you're not going to answer my question?
Original post by Drewski
Don't feed the troll.

I’m honestly interested to see if he brings up new arguments other than the ones flat earthers usually bring up when “debating” the issue
I’m honestly interested to see if he brings up new arguments other than the ones flat earthers usually bring up when “debating” the issue

You'll gain nothing from this idiot. It just goes round and round.

Rather ironically, actually.
Reply 13
Original post by QE2
There are no genuine Flat Earthers. People just pretend to be one in order to seem edgy or wacky or as a wind-up.

I'm confident that this is not true based on some people on TSR and others who I have met.
Reply 14

Original post by Daveboi115
I mean, I hate to point this out but there are hundreds of pendulums if sufficient mass built all over world that are left to swing all day every day, and funnily enough they rotate a full circle pattern over the course of a whole day.

Foucalt pendulums.

https://www.geophysik.uni-muenchen.de/outreach/foucault-pendulum

Ah yes thank you! Couldn’t quite remember the name!
Reply 16
Original post by Drewski
Don't feed the troll.

Would you say that to a religious person who believes in anti-science theories?

I'm pretty sure there are people around the world who actually believe in this stuff (including a few on TSR) and I think it's best to educate them (or laugh at them) instead of simply calling them a troll. You'll probably find that they continue to believe in it even after you present facts, which is frustrating but at that point I just stop arguing.

I don't count this as trolling.

Not to mention the coriolis effect on every weather system.
Reply 18
Original post by Daveboi115
Ah yes thank you! Couldn’t quite remember the name!

:hat2:

And that's a live webcam. V cool.
Original post by Notnek
Would you say that to a religious person who believes in anti-science theories?

I'm pretty sure there are people around the world who actually believe in this stuff (including a few on TSR) and I think it's best to educate them (or laugh at them) instead of simply calling them a troll. You'll probably find that they continue to believe in it even after you present facts, which is frustrating but at that point I just stop arguing.

I don't count this as trolling.

I say it about this particular poster.

They have no interest in debating or learning. They spout their nonsense for hours on end.

They're nothing but a waste of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending