The Student Room Group

Which uni should I apply for?

I want to do Journalism/IR programme but the problem is that my Math result in GCSE wasn't good and pretty bad so where should I apply for which I have good chance of being accepted?
Original post by Fasih123
I want to do Journalism/IR programme but the problem is that my Math result in GCSE wasn't good and pretty bad so where should I apply for which I have good chance of being accepted?

It's highly unlikely that a journalism program will have a specific math GCSE requirement. What are you studying now?
Reply 2
Media Studies, Law and History
Media Studies, Law and History

I'm assuming these are A levels? Focus on these and make sure you meet the entry requirements for where you are applying.
Reply 4
I have already applied for 4 unis but I really don't know about their entry requirements because when I saw at NTU site they said they require specific Math GCSE grade but when I emailed them they said they don't require it at all
Reply 5
DC986812-EC4D-4B88-9DE4-332F6BC69710.jpg.jpeg

I emailed NTU about it and they said that they don't require C in Maths for Journalism/International Relations but on their site they say that they require C in Maths

I emailed NTU about it and they said that they don't require C in Maths for Journalism/International Relations but on their site they say that they require C in Maths

@Nottingham Trent University

Hi Fasih123 - Thanks @PQ for tagging us.

Would you be able to DM me a screenshot of the email you recieved today? I'll then be able to have a chat with someone from the admissions team who will help to clarify :smile:

Chris
Reply 8
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Fasih123 - Thanks @PQ for tagging us.

Would you be able to DM me a screenshot of the email you recieved today? I'll then be able to have a chat with someone from the admissions team who will help to clarify :smile:

Chris

I haven't received any email since I applied on Jan 21

You said you did and posted a screenshot of an email response from them in the OP
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
You said you did and posted a screenshot of an email response from them in the OP

This was before I applied and I applied after I received this email otherwise I could have applied somewhere else

Apologies Fasih, I read your original post wrong.

I have contacted one of our Admissions team, so hopefully they will be able to confirm the entry requirements :smile:

I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Chris
I have already applied for 4 unis but I really don't know about their entry requirements because when I saw at NTU site they said they require specific Math GCSE grade but when I emailed them they said they don't require it at all

Applying without checking entry requirements properly is a very poor decision. Anyway if you have applied then you will find out soon what offers if any you get and what their conditions are.
Reply 13
I haven't gotten any offers as of yet
Reply 14
Whatever but I think I got misled by the admissions office
Reply 15
I hope that I get the offer but the chances are pretty low with less than 10%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending