The Student Room Group

Volunteer questions

If you are going to volunteer for a charity what questions would be useful to ask before the interview like on the phone while asking to join?
Reply 1
Original post by Holliewalker03
If you are going to volunteer for a charity what questions would be useful to ask before the interview like on the phone while asking to join?

are you asking for your interest or to make a good impression?
Original post by jumjum
are you asking for your interest or to make a good impression?

To make a good impression
Reply 3
To make a good impression

oh well asking questions really does not make a good impression because if they need and want people they will just get whoever shows interest.

But i suppose asking something specifically related to that group/trust.
Will depend on what you are volunteering for then i can think of examples
Original post by jumjum
oh well asking questions really does not make a good impression because if they need and want people they will just get whoever shows interest.

But i suppose asking something specifically related to that group/trust.
Will depend on what you are volunteering for then i can think of examples

I want to volunteer for scope in Leeds and just wondering when I call what questions to ask to make me look mature enough as I am only 14 and there are very few under 16s working there
Reply 5
I want to volunteer for scope in Leeds and just wondering when I call what questions to ask to make me look mature enough as I am only 14 and there are very few under 16s working there

Ask if you will volunteer for a range of people or will it be only to one group of people [as they have adults, children, care homes etc]

To be frank asking questions won't make you shine. How you talk and show enthusiasm will. If over the phone the person describes the opportunity, you can pick out something they mention and say what you are looking forward to do etc.
Original post by jumjum
Ask if you will volunteer for a range of people or will it be only to one group of people [as they have adults, children, care homes etc]

To be frank asking questions won't make you shine. How you talk and show enthusiasm will. If over the phone the person describes the opportunity, you can pick out something they mention and say what you are looking forward to do etc.

Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending