The Student Room Group

How much important is the university Ranking?

Hi guys.

I wanted to ask how much important in the position of the university in the world ranking?
And Why?

Thanks for the help
Original post by WiSi
Hi guys.

I wanted to ask how much important in the position of the university in the world ranking?
And Why?

Thanks for the help

World Rankings? Eh...not a lot. Certainly not at undergraduate level, anyway.
Original post by WiSi
Hi guys.

And Why?

Thanks for the help

Not really that important, especially not at undergrad. Far more important things to look at such as whether or not the modules on offer are of interest to you, support throughout your degree, both academic and pastoral; extra curricular opportunities such as part time jobs and society involvement, as well as the vibe of the city.
Reply 3
Original post by CastCuraga
World Rankings? Eh...not a lot. Certainly not at undergraduate level, anyway.

What bourse that are not divided in bachelor and master degree?
Original post by WiSi
What bourse that are not divided in bachelor and master degree?

If you're thinking about integrated masters, reputation is still not the most important thing. Integrated masters aren't that common though and are only really seen in science and engineering, and even then, many people in these subjects split their course up into separate bachelors and masters degrees, mainly due to personal interest and career opportunities

May matter if you go for a PhD, but there will still be multiple other factors at play which should have even more of an influence on your decision even then
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest