The Student Room Group

Friend Requesting Colleagues

Hey!

I work in a part time job in the food and beverage industry, I want to friend request some colleagues but I am too nervous. I feel like if they ignore it the next time I see them it be awkward. I have proper conversations with colleagues but I'm to nervous that I am going to make it awkward with sending a friend request. I sent one today but 4 hours later it still says pending, I know its only been 4 hours but I feel like they have seen the notification but ignoring it, or is that just me being paranoid and they have genuinely not seen it?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!

I work in a part time job in the food and beverage industry, I want to friend request some colleagues but I am too nervous. I feel like if they ignore it the next time I see them it be awkward. I have proper conversations with colleagues but I'm to nervous that I am going to make it awkward with sending a friend request. I sent one today but 4 hours later it still says pending, I know its only been 4 hours but I feel like they have seen the notification but ignoring it, or is that just me being paranoid and they have genuinely not seen it?

How long ago did you start working there? Like, will they recognise you on your Facebook profile? If you've been there long enough and talked to them enough, just give it some time. Some people don't like having people outside of close friends/family on Facebook which you may find yourself up against, others aren't keen on bringing work people into their personal lives like that, and they might just need a bit of time to get on Facebook and deal with their notifications. Really, don't worry about it. As long as you don't go in there next time you see them and make it awkward by acting oddly around them because you think they all just ignored your friend request, I genuinely think it'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending