The Student Room Group

Repeat funding clarification

I have studied two OU modules at level 1 giving me 120 credits. I did this with sfe funding for tuition fees. This took 1 year and they were towards a BSc in Health & Social Care. Although distance learning and so classed as part time I have studied at full time intensity. I now want to change my qualification to a BA Early Childhood. The previous credits are not transferable. If I change qualification I will get a Certificate of Higher Education for the study already completed. My question is, will I be eligible for a further 3 years of study funding if I continue with the distance (part time) study at full time intensity? Please clarify or tell me how i can speak to someone to check this situation? Thank you.
Original post by hokate
I have studied two OU modules at level 1 giving me 120 credits. I did this with sfe funding for tuition fees. This took 1 year and they were towards a BSc in Health & Social Care. Although distance learning and so classed as part time I have studied at full time intensity. I now want to change my qualification to a BA Early Childhood. The previous credits are not transferable. If I change qualification I will get a Certificate of Higher Education for the study already completed. My question is, will I be eligible for a further 3 years of study funding if I continue with the distance (part time) study at full time intensity? Please clarify or tell me how i can speak to someone to check this situation? Thank you.

Hi hokate.

If you have already completed 1 year of study with the Open University and you will gain a Certificate of Higher Education and the new course you wish to study is a higher level than the qualification already gained . You will be eligible to receive part time funding for up to a maximum of 16 years to complete the new course.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi hokate.

If you have already completed 1 year of study with the Open University and you will gain a Certificate of Higher Education and the new course you wish to study is a higher level than the qualification already gained . You will be eligible to receive part time funding for up to a maximum of 16 years to complete the new course.

Thanks

Louise

Perfect! Thank you for the clarity Louise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending