The Student Room Group

Man who raped and killed a 6 year old girl in Pakistan given 4 death sentences

Scroll to see replies

Original post by africangirl15
Hahaha I literally laughed.
What is the point of 4 death sentences?
Just say 1. He has 1 death sentence, he can't die 4 times. Hahahaha

Also. In America, Larry Nassar got a life sentence, but they said 175 years (lmao)

It's probably the media, not the lawmakers.

They converted his total years to murder sentences to make it more "eye-catching" perhaps
Reply 21
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I'm torn between the death sentence, for me it's an easy way out. This monster was 24 years old, I think rotting away in a maximum security Pakistani hell hole of a prison for rest of his life is probably more of a punishment that execution.

Regardless I hope the family can get some sort of closure and justice once this scum is dead.

Poor little girl, may you find peace in heaven.

Put him in a tough jail for 20 years then give him the death sentence by execution.

Spoiler

Original post by the bear
Pakistan's excellent judicial system is based on British law. We have stopped using the death penalty for some reason though :hmmmm2:

no it's based on sharia
Reply 23
I'm rather curious as to the logistics of killing someone 4x over...
Original post by Less(e/o)n
As abhorrent as the crime in question patently was, I personally fail to see how a reactionary death sentence can ever be reasonably justified as a morally superior form of punishment.

Can I ask why you think the death penalty is an absolute no no?
Original post by limetang
Can I ask why you think the death penalty is an absolute no no?

In some respects I also disagree with death penalty. Just cos there's a chance some people are innocent and it sjouldnt be upto us to take someone's life.
Original post by ReadySalted28
In some respects I also disagree with death penalty. Just cos there's a chance some people are innocent and it sjouldnt be upto us to take someone's life.

I agree with the idea that it’s a very permanent thing, and if the courts are wrong then you’ve just killed an innocent person with no way of bringing them back.

However, why shouldn’t the state be able to take somebody’s life? AS a general rule you shouldn’t be able to imprison somebody, or take their money off them, or force them to do work for you. But these are all things we do to convicts BECAUSE they are convicts.
What a disgusting, sick and twisted bloke. People like that aren't human.

Original post by meenu89
I agree with the death penalty for cases like this.

The death penalty is needed for cases such as this.
Lol, if he had done this in the UK he would be living the rest of his life in a warm and comfortable prison cell at the expense of the tax payer! And people complain about the capital punishment. Not a huge fan of Sharia but it sure knows how to deal with the scum of the earth that is for sure!
(edited 6 years ago)
I agree with the idea that it’s a very permanent thing, and if the courts are wrong then you’ve just killed an innocent person with no way of bringing them back.

However, why shouldn’t the state be able to take somebody’s life? AS a general rule you shouldn’t be able to imprison somebody, or take their money off them, or force them to do work for you. But these are all things we do to convicts BECAUSE they are convicts.

Working as in inside the prison? I suppose it give the prisoners something to do instead of going mad..

But I dunno it's a awkward one because killing someone as cold as this sounds relives stress of prisons, but then the person doesnt have a chance to rehabilitate, to change his ways to become a better person.
Like I feel quite awkward with this rape case just cos I thinks it's a different person- but from a family view, the guy raped and killed 5 children- so I think in this case death penalty is justified for justice- but I don't particularly agree with it.
Original post by ReadySalted28
Working as in inside the prison? I suppose it give the prisoners something to do instead of going mad..

But I dunno it's a awkward one because killing someone as cold as this sounds relives stress of prisons, but then the person doesnt have a chance to rehabilitate, to change his ways to become a better person.

In that you assume that the primary point of the justice system is to rehabilitate criminals, it isn’t. The primary point of the justice system is to punish crime. Rehabilitation is of course a good thing and is something prisons don’t have the best track record for but that’s not the main point of justice.
In that you assume that the primary point of the justice system is to rehabilitate criminals, it isn’t. The primary point of the justice system is to punish crime. Rehabilitation is of course a good thing and is something prisons don’t have the best track record for but that’s not the main point of justice.

Yeah I agree. Ronald Sanford murdered 2 people is fully rehabilitated in prison. Went in aged 13, now in his 40s- but cannot apply for parole until he is 100. So stupid.
Reply 33
Original post by africangirl15
Hahaha I literally laughed.
What is the point of 4 death sentences?
Just say 1. He has 1 death sentence, he can't die 4 times. Hahahaha

Also. In America, Larry Nassar got a life sentence, but they said 175 years (lmao)

they do it so people can see the severity of their crimes. life sentence doesn't have the same effect as being imprisoned for 175, because it'slike he deserves MORE than a life sentence
Original post by Archon9
Lol, if he had done this in the UK he would be living the rest of his life in a warm and comfortable prison cell at the expense of the tax payer! And people complain about the capital punishment. Not a huge fan of Sharia but it sure knows how to deal with the scum of the earth that is for sure!

I agree. IMO, I don't see why the tax payer should have to pay for food and shelter for these scum bags.
Anyone knows what happened to this case. When is the death penalty gonna happen?
Got what he deserves.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I agree. IMO, I don't see why the tax payer should have to pay for food and shelter for these scum bags.

We would have to pay for equipment used to kill the prisioners, aswell as food and shelter for those that have appealed.

It isn't a cheap venture.

Not to mention, there is a risk that innocent people could be killed.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Yea, it is for isolated cases like this that I fully support death penalty.

Not torture. I just lack appreciation for the ceremony that torture involves. I prefer no drama. Ideally no media or court hearings either. People don't need to see this sort of shyt. This really is the extreme fringe of human evil, yet when something like it gets published, often people are left with the impression that there is a pandemic of it. Rarely does much good ever come out of that (even when there is an actual pandemic, which is rare by itself). Sometimes it even inspires similar minded people like him to do the same, despite the risk of getting caught. It is illogical, but that's what you get with madmen.

Although difficult, it's no use brooding over it for the remainder of your life by torturing the a*hole and re-imagining his death in 100 different ways. I really think it does just as much mental damage to the people administering such treatment. You have to draw the line somewhere, and the logical place is where you prevent someone like him from doing anything like it again.

Bullet + landfill.

A severe punishment acts a deterrent to others. Publish a live lashing/stoning to death on TV.
I’m glad he’s being punished but I hope he is the right guy this time. As last time the police caught the wrong guy and killed him for no reason 😕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending