The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University Accommodation

Looking for good self catering undergrad accommodation at Edinburgh Uni..preferably en suite! Any advice???
Original post by fmb1
Looking for good self catering undergrad accommodation at Edinburgh Uni..preferably en suite! Any advice???

Check on the Accommodation, Catering and Events website.

I think Deaconess and Salisbury Court are the two best. It's close to George Square (important in first-year, as unless you're in the Vet/Med School, you'll be based in central an awful lot) and also they're new developments. They're both en-suite and self-catered with a Lidl on Nicholson Street (about 4 min walk from George Square, and 8-10 min from Deaconess and probably 14 mins from Salisbury?).
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Check on the Accommodation, Catering and Events website.

I think Deaconess and Salisbury Court are the two best. It's close to George Square (important in first-year, as unless you're in the Vet/Med School, you'll be based in central an awful lot) and also they're new developments. They're both en-suite and self-catered with a Lidl on Nicholson Street (about 4 min walk from George Square, and 8-10 min from Deaconess and probably 14 mins from Salisbury?).

Thanks...Deaconess appears to have been allocated to post grads for this coming year and Salisbury court is my other choice...probably first choice as the others are so far away! whats the chances of getting in?? I have an unconditional...
Original post by fmb1
Thanks...Deaconess appears to have been allocated to post grads for this coming year and Salisbury court is my other choice...probably first choice as the others are so far away! whats the chances of getting in?? I have an unconditional...

Deaconess is all postgrad next year? I didn't know that!

Most people tend to apply for Pollock, so your chances of getting into Salisbury is probably quite high, especially when it's one of the more expensive offerings last time I checked.
Reply 4
Deaconess is all postgrad next year? I didn't know that!

Most people tend to apply for Pollock, so your chances of getting into Salisbury is probably quite high, especially when it's one of the more expensive offerings last time I checked.

Thanks..I think I'll go for that... appreciate your help!
Original post by fmb1
Thanks..I think I'll go for that... appreciate your help!

No problem.

Well done on getting an unconditional by the way!
Reply 6
No problem.

Well done on getting an unconditional by the way!

Thanks... can't wait! But to say I'm nervous is an understatement!!!
Original post by fmb1
Thanks... can't wait! But to say I'm nervous is an understatement!!!

Every new undergraduate is nervous :smile:
Reply 8
I also have an offer and was looking at Salisbury Court which looks amazing, but is the social aspect good there too? Since I've heard that Pollock is the best in that respect?
Original post by _KF_
I also have an offer and was looking at Salisbury Court which looks amazing, but is the social aspect good there too? Since I've heard that Pollock is the best in that respect?

I know a few people in Salisbury and they said the social life is fine. Just make sure you 'bond' with your flatmates during Welcome Week.
Reply 10
I know a few people in Salisbury and they said the social life is fine. Just make sure you 'bond' with your flatmates during Welcome Week.

Thanks! :smile: Do you also know by when I should apply for accommodation to get one of my top choices? Since I'm still waiting on some unis and may have to wait until as late as the end of March for all 5 to reply.
Original post by _KF_
Thanks! :smile: Do you also know by when I should apply for accommodation to get one of my top choices? Since I'm still waiting on some unis and may have to wait until as late as the end of March for all 5 to reply.

I don't know how they allocate rooms, but I'm fairly certain it's not first-come, first serve.

As long as you submit an application before the deadline (Sometime around August) then you're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending