The Student Room Group

How long to get an A in Higher Mathematics

I started revising a week ago. How many quality hours of study do I need per day/week to go from a fail in the prelim to an A in the exam?
If you're talking gcse I managed to get from B to easy A* in about 1 month of solid revision
Original post by JKING>
If you're talking gcse I managed to get from B to easy A* in about 1 month of solid revision

It says higher in the title.

It all depends on you and why you think you failed- was it lack of revision, not knowing content.
It also depends on how fast you pick things up, if it takes you longer to understand then you'll want to spend more time per day/week than someone who finds it easier to understand
Original post by AstroStudent101
I started revising a week ago. How many quality hours of study do I need per day/week to go from a fail in the prelim to an A in the exam?

it's not about how long you study for, it's the quality of your revision. I recommend you do past paper questions, a lot of them!
I did say 'quality hours'
Original post by AstroStudent101
I did say 'quality hours'

That doesn't make sense since quality of revision is regradless of time, but Im guessing you need to study a lot and go over all your weakness.
I did higher maths last year and got 30% in the prelim and came out with an A in the exam.
I just got a very good tutor around end of February time and he helped me a massive lot, I found a bunch of good websites that help out with like a bunch of quick questions and just done revision after revision. i probably only started to properly revise for maths seriously around the beginning of april (keep in mind i had a tutor) and basically only revised for maths up until the exam which is really bad because i had to revise for my other subjects only in the days I had leading up to them between all the other exams😭 but yeah I think if you started now or even like march time you would probably be able to get at least to a C/B with very minimal effort, but try to go through each topic all over again and try to find online resources because it's a bit hard to learn it all from a textbook

Quick Reply

Latest