The Student Room Group

Women who are used to hooking up with physically attractive guys, rate me /10.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G.Y
Lol no, the desire to be liked and found attractive is a human trait. You wouldn’t survive without it. It is true however that men can generally get away with being ugly in our society, more so than women at least. That doesn’t mean they worry about their appearance any less than women do. Suggesting that it’s okay for women to be insecure but not for men is also just silly. Men disproportionately suffer from mental illness. This kind of mindset only fuels the problem.

I am not sure what point you're trying to make, especially with that last bit. Men suffer from mental illness, so their suffering from mental illness must stem from not feeling beautiful. Insecurity and unhappiness are not inherently tied to beauty. Perhaps you don't automatically appreciate this because you are from the fairer sex which is preoccupied with beauty?

Ultimately my point was about men wanting to be seen as beautiful and adored; not about wanting to be liked or found attractive. The former is odd while the latter is ubiquitous.
What you are saying is contradictory. You acknowledge that you see many average scoring men with high scoring women... so you must know it is possible for you to also get these women if you are also scoring at the same level, right? But you don't, and this is not a 'score' / physical problem but one that is in your own head and it's frustrating me to see someone feel this way but be focusing on something that simply isn't the problem.

What you need to be working on is not your physical appearance, but learning to feel happy in your own skin. Inner peace with yourself will radiate to those around you, and people very much pick up on this.
I’d say 10 but it looks photoshopped lol
Original post by Donnalouise99
What you are saying is contradictory. You acknowledge that you see many average scoring men with high scoring women... so you must know it is possible for you to also get these women if you are also scoring at the same level, right? But you don't, and this is not a 'score' / physical problem but one that is in your own head and it's frustrating me to see someone feel this way but be focusing on something that simply isn't the problem.

What you need to be working on is not your physical appearance, but learning to feel happy in your own skin. Inner peace with yourself will radiate to those around you, and people very much pick up on this.

Well... I feel like I might be viewed as worse than the "average" guys, and perhaps I am underrating the average guys...

S'why I need an objective rate.

I also feel the average women I know in real life who call me attractive might overrate me. I have nothing at all against average women I just fear they overrate. Like an average girl might look and be like "damn, nice..." and a really hot girl might be like "lol that guy's ugly".

That is the dilemna...
Original post by RockyDennis
The point is if it's discovered I'm objectively good enough for girls like the one I posted, I could actually approach them.

As mentioned I do do it sometimes, when I'm drunk of course. But at least 75% of the time I feel too apprehensive/inhibited.

Conversely if it turned out I'm not good enough then at least I'd know. Then I could focus on my appearance until I am good enough.

So it's very helpful to me.

You're very good looking, probably same level as that girl you posted. But the vibes you give off are quite different. She looks confident, at ease and sociable. From your photos you look like a combination of vain and insecure and that the only thing you have in life is your good looks. Also a bit dead behind the eyes in the mirror selfies. I imagine in clubs women are attracted to you but they don't stick around because you probably come across quite dull and not very confident. If you're always on your phone as well (like with that woman in the club) then you probably don't seem that fun.

Good looking girls like the one you posted there aren't just looking for someone hot, they're looking for someone with a personality to match and that's where you probably fall. You say you're likeable and that's good but obviously you're very insecure and girls can normally pick up on that.

Lookswise there isn't that much to change apart from better fitting t shirts and a smile. Personality and confidence goes way further than a good face.

I want to match a girl like this (or meet a girl like this in a bar, whatever):

She looks like every basic b*tch you see in a club/bar. Wouldn't be hard to pull her for a ons.
Original post by blawan
You're very good looking, probably same level as that girl you posted. But the vibes you give off are quite different. She looks confident, at ease and sociable. From your photos you look like a combination of vain and insecure and that the only thing you have in life is your good looks. Also a bit dead behind the eyes in the mirror selfies. I imagine in clubs women are attracted to you but they don't stick around because you probably come across quite dull and not very confident. If you're always on your phone as well (like with that woman in the club) then you probably don't seem that fun.

Good looking girls like the one you posted there aren't just looking for someone hot, they're looking for someone with a personality to match and that's where you probably fall. You say you're likeable and that's good but obviously you're very insecure and girls can normally pick up on that.

Lookswise there isn't that much to change apart from better fitting t shirts and a smile. Personality and confidence goes way further than a good face.

Okay well... I'm going to try again this weekend.

My best mate is gonna come with me and make me actually approach people. He doesn't tell me I'm ugly like my other friends.

My other friends say confidence makes zero difference and only face matters and I'm obv ugly. For the past 10 years almost.

You guys tell me what to do and I'll do it, how do I approach someone I'm interested in? Usually I just say like "hey how you doing?" or "how's your night going?" simple stuff along those lines. I USUALLY can't get very far along with anyone extremely attractive. I'm just going to go for it properly instead of pussyfooting around all the time, then if they say "**** off you ugly *******" at least then I know I'm hideous instead of constantly wondering.

Maybe I should be direct with them so if they find me ugly they reject me right away and I don't have to wonder if it was my vibe.
Original post by howitoughttobe
She looks like every basic b*tch you see in a club/bar. Wouldn't be hard to pull her for a ons.

Lol srs? I see a girl who looks as good as her in a club maybe once every 10 to 20 times I go out. I find her elite tier. She looks similar to a girl I liked years ago.

I don't know her btw she's just an example of what "my type" is.

I find they usually like guys with perfect hair etc. My hair is notoriously bad and unfixable without a hair transplant. It only looks normal because I sweep some of my hair across to cover the receded bits.
Men don't know how to rate other men though.

But that's where you're wrong. Women have a pretty warped view of their own attractiveness and that of the men they're rating, if various surveys are anything to go by. I tend to think many girls have pretty **** taste in men.

I'd say 7/10, though, helped by the fact that you're in shape. Good facial structure and strong jaw, at least as far as I can tell without seeing 3/4 or profile pics. Purely based on pictures, obviously no idea how this changes in motion.

If you're having trouble approaching girls, it's not because of your looks, but perhaps due to lack of confidence, which feeds through to body language.
(edited 6 years ago)
Lol srs? I see a girl who looks as good as her in a club maybe once every 10 to 20 times I go out. I find her elite tier. She looks similar to a girl I liked years ago.

I don't know her btw she's just an example of what "my type" is.

I find they usually like guys with perfect hair etc. My hair is notoriously bad and unfixable without a hair transplant. It only looks normal because I sweep some of my hair across to cover the receded bits.

She's extremely average but if that's what you like then go for it. She's certainly not elite by any standards. It's a hook up, I highly doubt she's gonna notice your hair and even if she does, it's a one time f*ck she probably won't care.
Original post by howitoughttobe
She's extremely average but if that's what you like then go for it. She's certainly not elite by any standards. It's a hook up, I highly doubt she's gonna notice your hair and even if she does, it's a one time f*ck she probably won't care.

Fit body and make up, plus lighting that's flattering. She's a 7, at best.
Original post by the bear
you look different in your avatar ?

:hmmmm2:

Alas, I can rep you again

REPPED.
The real question is, who has bigger arms, You or @Itsf***ingw00dy

no homo

srs
(edited 6 years ago)
Not really....... I just want to know where I stand objectively. Like there's no point in me chatting up hot women if women view me as a 4/10. In that case I'd be better off focusing on improving my appearance.

On the other hand, if it turned out I was a 6 or something it'd be more worthwhile to focus on my behavior/personality instead.

I get way too much conflicting info about my aesthetics, I just want some objective consensus rate from women (and I specified women who are used to hot guys, 'cause I wanna see how I compare to legit attractive men).

Different people find different traits attractive. There’s no consensus on what hot means and it happens a lot with my female friends that they show me a “10/10 hottie” and it’s a solid 3/10from me.

If you fancy a girl, go talk to her. I’d say you tick most of the “generic hot” boxes so your chances are decent
Reply 114
I feel your dp is more flattering.
Original post by Nottie
Different people find different traits attractive. There’s no consensus on what hot means and it happens a lot with my female friends that they show me a “10/10 hottie” and it’s a solid 3/10from me.

If you fancy a girl, go talk to her. I’d say you tick most of the “generic hot” boxes so your chances are decent

Okay. What's the best way to open? Just say "hey how's your night going?" like I usually do, or be like "hey you look nice/cute/fit (or whatever)"?

I've been going to clubs for over a year now and have not even ONCE had the balls to walk over to someone and say "you look nice" lmfaooo. Absolutely shameful, srs, disgraceful.

Is that what most guys do? I'm gonna go out this weekend. I'm not gonna be a pussy anymore though srs.
Okay. What's the best way to open? Just say "hey how's your night going?" like I usually do, or be like "hey you look nice/cute/fit (or whatever)"?

I've been going to clubs for over a year now and have not even ONCE had the balls to walk over to someone and say "you look nice" lmfaooo. Absolutely shameful, srs, disgraceful.

Is that what most guys do? I'm gonna go out this weekend. I'm not gonna be a pussy anymore though srs.

I’d say the first one.
One of the best pick up line a guy used on me was to dare me to do something funny (go tell anoither guy he’s handsome) and then we kinda hit it off from there. Felt bad I needed to turn him down in the end though
Personally I would rate you 4/10, looks wise: too preened and probably spends too much time at the gym. Personality wise: You care way too much about what you look like and what other people think about your looks. You seem vane and very insecure. Your life seems to just revolve around whether girls think your hot which is really sad. Also, you come across as quite desperate, you'll never find a decent girl especially if that's your ideal type.
so i just read through this entire thread and i'm starting to think you're serious.
Original post by pingu17black
Personally I would rate you 4/10, looks wise: too preened and probably spends too much time at the gym. Personality wise: You care way too much about what you look like and what other people think about your looks. You seem vane and very insecure. Your life seems to just revolve around whether girls think your hot which is really sad. Also, you come across as quite desperate, you'll never find a decent girl especially if that's your ideal type.

You think a girl who looks like that can't be a decent person?

That seems pretty judgemental. For all you know she could be a really nice person.

Quick Reply

Latest