The Student Room Group

bf dumped me after I cheated on him want him back

I made a mistake but who doesnt anyway I cheated on my bf while on a night out at uni recently I got drunk and had sex with some random guy dont even know who he was I was so ashamed but I told my bf because I thought I would be honest but he told me straight up it was over that he could never trust me I keep messaging him begging that I would never do it again but his last message was to tell me to **** off will he ever forgive me for this?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know if he'd forgive you, I'm not your boyfriend. I personally wouldn't forgive you, but you shouldn't be disheartened, just move on and treat your next guy better.
Original post by Beth Hurst
I made a mistake but who doesnt anyway I cheated on my bf while on a night out at uni recently I got drunk and had sex with some random guy dont even know who he was I was so ashamed but I told my bf because I thought I would be honest but he told me straight up it was over that he could never trust me I keep messaging him begging that I would never do it again but his last message was to tell me to f*** off will he ever forgive me for this?

Listen I ain't a nagger but frankly imma nag. What is wrong with you why did you have se* with a random guy more importantly why wasn't it me..... Wtf did I just say ah shite. Real talk Beth (rate your username btw) you may have screwed up but honestly I don't think it's your fault big deal it was a one time thing an accident honestly your bf shouldn't be this much of a drama queen frankly a nig*a like me would go as far as to dr phil him and talk it through with him. But the chances of that happening are 0. Conclusively, although what you did was irresponsible it was an accident and hell I'd forgive it on conditions (minor ones). Considering the fact that you ain't gonna let me dr phil this dude I see one potential way out for ya. Your gonna have to meet up with him and ask him to give you 2 minutes of his time your gonna have to tell him that you're so sorry for doing such a terrible thing to him and I know this seems bad but your gonna have to twist it say that the man took advantage of you and that you tried to stop him but he overpowered you If the dude has a soul this should get him teary eyed and to top it off tell him you love him now if it goes well one of two things will happen ya'll are gonna end up having s*x then and there or you'll hug it out like grown ups. Hopefully this helps.
Move on. Life's too short and you're too young. In 30 years you'll think this was a lucky escape... and his wife will be the first to agree.
what would YOU do if it was the other way around? Would you forgive him?
Reply 5
You acted like a whore and now you're paying the consequences, simples. Accept the same that he deserves better and go find someone less discerning.
Reply 6
I made a mistake but who doesnt anyway I cheated on my bf while on a night out at uni recently I got drunk and had sex with some random guy dont even know who he was I was so ashamed but I told my bf because I thought I would be honest but he told me straight up it was over that he could never trust me I keep messaging him begging that I would never do it again but his last message was to tell me to f*** off will he ever forgive me for this?

He has every right to not talk to you again. You made a mistake so learn from it and move on.
I doubt he will and you don't deserve forgiveness. Sleeping with someone else is not the sort of mistake that 'everyone makes'.
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Move on. Life's too short and you're too young. In 30 years you'll think this was a lucky escape... and his wife will be the first to agree.

When did she say her age?
No, it wasn’t a mistake. It was a conscious decision that you made so don’t try to make it into something little. He probably won’t and this should be a lesson for you. Don’t cheat.
He deserves so much better than you. You chose to throw away your relationship and you have to deal with the consequences. Disgusting behaviour. Learn from this and become a better person.
Original post by AspiringAccount
.... but your gonna have to twist it say that the man took advantage of you and that you tried to stop him but he overpowered you If the dude has a soul this should get him teary eyed and to top it off tell him you love him now if it goes well one of two things will happen ya'll are gonna end up having s*x then and there or you'll hug it out like grown ups. Hopefully this helps.

Wtf?? Worst advice ever. She should own up to her mistake and consider the possibility that her relationship really is over
Leave him to find someone who's actually going to treat him with respect, you need to grow up and learn to deal with the consequences of your *****y actions

Some people would never forgive that, it is a betrayal and its a real deal breaker.
If he does take you back things wouldnt be the same and he could treat you a lot worse.

Imo learn from it and move on. Find someone you would never cheat on and makes you happy.
You're just going to have to respect what he wants, if he can't be with you any more then you'll have to respect that
Oh well, leave him alone. You got exactly what you deserved.
Original post by satisfactionatlast
Wtf?? Worst advice ever. She should own up to her mistake and consider the possibility that her relationship really is over

Nig*a I was trying to be funny (emphasis on 'trying) and to be honest it seemed like it would work in my head. But for the majority I was saying it for banter. Your right her relationship does seem like it's over but hey second chances am i right?
Reply 17
I understand OP that this may be unpleasant to hear but first of all this was not a little mistake, yes everyone does make mistakes but some are bigger than others, sleeping with someone else is not a small thing, i mean the number of cheaters there are out there is suprising considering as far as im concerned its really not that difficult to not sleep with other people.
anyway the point that im making is that you should just move on and let this poor guy do the same as there is a big difference with forgiving and forgetting and even if this guy one day forgives you this mistake means that the trust will likely never fully return and as result any future realationship with you two is likely to be doomed from the outset. if you cant even trust the person your in a relationship with why bother.
have some decency and piss of
Reply 19
Original post by AspiringAccount
Nig*a I was trying to be funny (emphasis on 'trying) and to be honest it seemed like it would work in my head. But for the majority I was saying it for banter. Your right her relationship does seem like it's over but hey second chances am i right?

I mean this in the nicest way possible mate but:
1) thats terrible advice.
2) suggesting someone pretends they were molested isnt funny.
3) dont write the N word in your posts - i mean show some class mate.

Quick Reply