The Student Room Group

Women who are used to hooking up with physically attractive guys, rate me /10.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RockyDennis
You think a girl who looks like that can't be a decent person?

That seems pretty judgemental. For all you know she could be a really nice person.

you're literally asking people to rate you out of ten. Plus you're the one only going for the 'hot' girls. She could, but generally as a girl who goes on nights out pretty often, i've found that they only really go for guys that meet their high standards. I think you should lower your standards a bit, why not those 'average' girls you think like you? So what if they like you because they think you're hot when they're only average and they might offend you? why would average looking girls liking you make you question your looks?
Original post by pingu17black
you're literally asking people to rate you out of ten. Plus you're the one only going for the 'hot' girls. She could, but generally as a girl who goes on nights out pretty often, i've found that they only really go for guys that meet their high standards. I think you should lower your standards a bit, why not those 'average' girls you think like you? So what if they like you because they think you're hot when they're only average and they might offend you? why would average looking girls liking you make you question your looks?

So then you're saying I'm too ugly for a girl like that, as I expected.

Best plan of action for me then is to try and improve my face until I'm not too unattractive anymore.
So then you're saying I'm too ugly for a girl like that, as I expected.

When i start a tv show, often there's a character i don't like/care about at the start, but as the show goes on and more is revealed about that character and his personality, the more i find myself attracted to that character. It's exactly the same with dating, attractiveness isn't just based on looks but a whole range of characteristics that add to the overall appeal of that person. Having a great personality can make you 100% more attractive.
But also people are attracted to different things, the things that turn me off personally, are things that might turn another girl on. I think you dont realise how deep this whole thing really is, maybe you should watch some documentaries or something because you seem very tunnel minded and ignorant based on your replies in this thread.
Original post by pingu17black
When i start a tv show, often there's a character i don't like/care about at the start, but as the show goes on and more is revealed about that character and his personality, the more i find myself attracted to that character. It's exactly the same with dating, attractiveness isn't just based on looks but a whole range of characteristics that add to the overall appeal of that person. Having a great personality can make you 100% more attractive.
But also people are attracted to different things, the things that turn me off personally, are things that might turn another girl on. I think you dont realise how deep this whole thing really is, maybe you should watch some documentaries or something because you seem very tunnel minded and ignorant based on your replies in this thread.

Yes I know, but this isn't about personality.

I just want to know if a girl like her could feasibly like my face enough to not reject me on sight.

If I'm too ugly for her to where she would just instantly reject me then obviously I need to make myself less unattractive.

We can discuss personality another time but please for now I just want to know if my appearance is good enough. It is literally my only insecurity and it holds me back a lot. I don't care if it's NOT good enough I'd rather know so I can improve it.
I see a trail of insecurities.
Yes I know, but this isn't about personality.

I just want to know if a girl like her could feasibly like my face enough to not reject me on sight.

If I'm too ugly for her to where she would just instantly reject me then obviously I need to make myself less unattractive.

We can discuss personality another time but please for now I just want to know if my appearance is good enough. It is literally my only insecurity and it holds me back a lot. I don't care if it's NOT good enough I'd rather know so I can improve it.

Based on looks alone, and if she was drunk, probably yes. But it depends on a lot of factors: her personality- she might not be looking for anything, she might just be looking for a hook up and that's it, she might only go for guys who can afford her, she might be too drunk to see what you actually look like.
I agree with what the past commenters have said about what you could change in the future. If you were on a night out, then a white shirt is better than a tight tshirt, i wouldn't use chat up lines; ask her how her night is, who she's out with, where she's from, then ask her if you can buy her a drink and ask if she's single, then you need to keep the conversation flowing or make sure you stay and dance with her (if she wants you to). Usually if girls want guys to come up to them they catch their eyes multiple times, this is what i usually do and 9/10 times i do it, its successful, however i look around the room a lot and catch guy's eyes by accident and then i have to suffer with them dancing next to me until i escape to the toilet. So make sure she looks at you more than 2 times and then if she goes to the bar that's probably the best place to start a conversation.
Yeah as per the thread title. Would you say I'm attractive enough to hook up with? And rate /10.

Don't rate if you just rate anyone who isn't morbidly obese above average 'cause it would skew things.

If you rate 5/10 or below average please explain why.

Many tankzzzz.

Why do you look so scared?

And yeah I'll bang you - no homo of course.

Wtf? :lol:

Not a troll. @ANM775

Unless he's trolling that forum too in which case he's a very good troll.
(edited 6 years ago)
You look like you just **** yourself and snapped a picture on accident during the process.
Original post by Kirarater
You look like you just **** yourself and snapped a picture on accident during the process.

Well... I was taking a photo in the changing rooms and felt worried the attendant or someone else would walk in and see me taking photos of myself from the hallways like an aspie.
Dude lighten up, you're scaring me.
Original post by angelike1

Not a troll. @ANM775

No, I troll 50% of the time, legit 50%. I never use a separate account for trolling and real posts so everything is meshed together. You can blatantly tell because half of my posts are "LOOKS IS EVERYTHING LET'S END IT" and the other half is "CONFIDENCE IS EVERYTHING LOOKS IS A SCAM" lmao. However, for some reason, even though I'm so transparent, I never, ever, ever get called on it.

However, as I assured you all though, I really am unsure about my appearance... I mean literally look at the before and afters I've posted of my journey, you can see how much effort I put in.

Unfortunately, the problem is, if you grew up very ugly, you never really lose that image. I might look good now but I don't know. I still associate myself with the very ugly guy I was previously.
No, I troll 50% of the time, legit 50%. I never use a separate account for trolling and real posts so everything is meshed together. You can blatantly tell because half of my posts are "LOOKS IS EVERYTHING LET'S END IT" and the other half is "CONFIDENCE IS EVERYTHING LOOKS IS A SCAM" lmao. However, for some reason, even though I'm so transparent, I never, ever, ever get called on it.

However, as I assured you all though, I really am unsure about my appearance... I mean literally look at the before and afters I've posted of my journey, you can see how much effort I put in.

Unfortunately, the problem is, if you grew up very ugly, you never really lose that image. I might look good now but I don't know. I still associate myself with the very ugly guy I was previously.

I don't know that I (or anyone else here) can provide you with the toolkit you need to address the deep-rooted self-doubts that you have. I know it's contrived to talk about counselling or some sort of therapy/head reconfiguring, but maybe you'd benefit from talking to someone with real expertise in confidence issues etc.
Original post by gjd800
I don't know that I (or anyone else here) can provide you with the toolkit you need to address the deep-rooted self-doubts that you have. I know it's contrived to talk about counselling or some sort of therapy/head reconfiguring, but maybe you'd benefit from talking to someone with real expertise in confidence issues etc.

Thanks... And yeah I know... It upsets me that people are acting like I'm legit psycho tier or saying I'm posting for attention.

I'm not legit "ill" or crazy (otherwise nobody would want to hang around with me irl), just suffer with really bad insecurities.

I didn't want to say that when I started the thread because then people will rate me high even if I'm ugly to try and comfort me - making the rates inaccurate. But like I was really ugly and stuff growing up and people would often make comments about how ugly I am, which hurt me deeply.

Probably for most people they've looked the same all their life, so they have a very objective idea of how they look based on experiences throughout their life. I'm literally not even recognizable, I don't look like the same person, if I was an ex war criminal you'd never catch me loool. And now I'm conflicted between my new image and all the **** from the past.

It's legit ruining my life srs. Like I'm SO easily swayed in my mindsets. One rejection and I have a complete mental breakdown thinking I'm deformed. One hot girl likes me and I ego trip hard. It's like dealing with bipolar going through these extreme ups and downs constantly.

I think the only way out is if I find some really hot girl (hot so she won't overrate me) who is willing to be COMPLETELY honest about my appearance and just tell me where I stand /10. Then I would know and not have to be insecure anymore. I legitimately view it as a possibility that I'm still ugly and any small bit of evidence I'll use to "prove" it. My guy friends get really pissed off when I breakdown 'cause they say I sound ****ing retarded and that I obviously look good, but I just think men haven't got a clue about other guys' attractiveness, so it doesn't comfort me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks... And yeah I know... It upsets me that people are acting like I'm legit psycho tier or saying I'm posting for attention.

I'm not legit "ill" or crazy (otherwise nobody would want to hang around with me irl), just suffer with really bad insecurities.

I didn't want to say that when I started the thread because then people will rate me high even if I'm ugly to try and comfort me - making the rates inaccurate. But like I was really ugly and stuff growing up and people would often make comments about how ugly I am, which hurt me deeply.

Probably for most people they've looked the same all their life, so they have a very objective idea of how they look based on experiences throughout their life. I'm literally not even recognizable, I don't look like the same person, if I was an ex war criminal you'd never catch me loool. And now I'm conflicted between my new image and all the **** from the past.

It's legit ruining my life srs. Like I'm SO easily swayed in my mindsets. One rejection and I have a complete mental breakdown thinking I'm deformed. One hot girl likes me and I ego trip hard. It's like dealing with bipolar going through these extreme ups and downs constantly.

I think the only way out is if I find some really hot girl (hot so she won't overrate me) who is willing to be COMPLETELY honest about my appearance and just tell me where I stand /10. Then I would know and not have to be insecure anymore.

I wonder if that happened whether you would accept it, or simply find something to worry over again, and go on the lookout for another , somehow hotter girl to try and build you up. I don't really have an answer, but I know that it must be awful for you. I have known a couple of people that have had similar anxieties to you (I went out with one girl for a year that was very similar except her hangups were about intelligence) so I don't assume you are trolling etc. I wasn't saying you were ill or psychotic etc., either - I can't make those calls and I'd not throw them around hastily. I was just making the point that sometimes hangups and anxieties can be helped by someone with a bit of training. I hope something works out for you though, man, because it's actually really sad to see someone struggling like this.

I just had a little look and I think you actually look quite cute in the 'before' pic I saw of you. Possibly more my type than in your current gym lad pics. Could guarantee if you were a teacher, the majority of girls would fancy you. Only bad thing about that pic was the hairline, does make you look older than your current pics. Although that might just be because the fringe is coming forwards.
But I think it's quite sad how hard on yourself you are. We all have days we think we look like crap but if you just accept that while some girls will find you more attractive than others, I think the majority of the girls in the UK would agree that lookswise you're above average. Thing is though, no matter how many times people on this thread and on the internet tell you you're good looking and or how many hundreds of tinder matches you get, I don't know if you'll ever believe it.
But you need to find a way to somehow get over this idea that looks are everything and they're the key to getting women because they're really not. Life is so much better when you just accept that this is how you look and it's above average, maybe not 10/10 in everyones eyes but could still get a lot of girls even ones like the girl in the pic. I don't know about the good looking girls you know, but the majority of the girls I know are dating guys less good looking than themselves. Even some of the guys I fancy are probably objectively 6/10s or 7/10s but to me they're the full package because I like their personality.
I'd advise you to stop using all these forums so much because I think they're having a detrimental effect on your body image. You're obsessing way too much over it and it's making you less attractive because it's affecting your personality and confidence. It seems to have stunted your growth almost. And then you seem to think your lack of success with women is down to your looks when really they have nothing to do with it.
Go out this weekend and just have fun, don't take it too seriously. Maybe get more comfortable chatting with the less attractive and average girls and when you realise you can hold decent conversations and you've got a bit more confidence, you can go up to the 9s and the 10s.

Also, on tinder do you match with many hot girls?

Regarding this specific thread and in general it does seem you are very insecure about your appearance, hence not trolling.

agree with the other post - get therapy/counselling
Original post by blawan
I just had a little look and I think you actually look quite cute in the 'before' pic I saw of you. Possibly more my type than in your current gym lad pics. Could guarantee if you were a teacher, the majority of girls would fancy you. Only bad thing about that pic was the hairline, does make you look older than your current pics. Although that might just be because the fringe is coming forwards.
But I think it's quite sad how hard on yourself you are. We all have days we think we look like crap but if you just accept that while some girls will find you more attractive than others, I think the majority of the girls in the UK would agree that lookswise you're above average. Thing is though, no matter how many times people on this thread and on the internet tell you you're good looking and or how many hundreds of tinder matches you get, I don't know if you'll ever believe it.
But you need to find a way to somehow get over this idea that looks are everything and they're the key to getting women because they're really not. Life is so much better when you just accept that this is how you look and it's above average, maybe not 10/10 in everyones eyes but could still get a lot of girls even ones like the girl in the pic. I don't know about the good looking girls you know, but the majority of the girls I know are dating guys less good looking than themselves. Even some of the guys I fancy are probably objectively 6/10s or 7/10s but to me they're the full package because I like their personality.
I'd advise you to stop using all these forums so much because I think they're having a detrimental effect on your body image. You're obsessing way too much over it and it's making you less attractive because it's affecting your personality and confidence. It seems to have stunted your growth almost. And then you seem to think your lack of success with women is down to your looks when really they have nothing to do with it.
Go out this weekend and just have fun, don't take it too seriously. Maybe get more comfortable chatting with the less attractive and average girls and when you realise you can hold decent conversations and you've got a bit more confidence, you can go up to the 9s and the 10s.

Also, on tinder do you match with many hot girls?

I hope you're right. Though I legitimately look bad some days for real, do decent looking people EVER look bad?

I'm definitely going out this weekend. The one just gone I felt SO unconfident, shy, and inhibited, like I just can't let it happen again. I'll go out on Ritalin if I have to, it ends now. I literally cannot take another week of seeing girls I really like and wishing I could talk to them, and just bottling it. Yes I've gone over to them before a few times, but usually when I go over to a girl I like i act weird or just doesn't go anywhere (making me think I'm ugly). I've only hooked up with a few girls I REALLY liked and thought were extremely hot.

I used to match super hot girls on Tinder from time to time but almost never now. God knows why. The people on the other sites say it's because I'm ugly and need plastic surgery.
Original post by angelike1

Not a troll. @ANM775

he's at the very least heavily photoshopping his pics imo

look at the before picture in that topic. He doesn't even look fat there ....yet for some reason his face today has gone up 3 or 4 points

what male jumps up 4 points like that?

How is that possible just from going to the gym? [and he wasn't even fat]

sounds like he used gym and photoshop....................

Quick Reply

Latest