The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Wow that's a long wait but I'm sure you'll be fine!:smile: Did you sit any medical exams?

Yeah, just the UKCAT.
Original post by mez_merising
stop the stereotypes please, not everyone asian is a doctor, and not every doctor is asian. yes, there are problems within certain cultures that i've dealt with firsthand, but we're here to move past them and give everyone the opportunity to fulfil their dreams, regardless of what they are, or who they are :smile:

Think he was joking lol, pretty sure he's Asian himself.
Monday 19th February 2018
So today I got up at 9 (which is really late!) but I don't go to college on Monday anyway!:tongue: It was nice to have a lie in though I'm always tired! I did 3 hours and 50 mins of revision today. I did more chem revision- just looking at the benzene chapter we're doing tomorrow and making notes. Since October, I;ve been making notes on all the topics in my subjects before the lesson and it really helps!:smile: Sometimes in maths I do the entire chapter before we do it in the lesson...:tongue:

Halfway through today I remembered I had all my homework to do!:redface: Idk about you guys, but I always revise first and tend to to my homework as quickly as possible I don't think it's that important!:tongue: I had this massive chem booklet to do on all of Module 5- half the topics I'd forgotten cos we did them AGES ago so it took me ages to complete it! And there were a few questions I just didn't understand; I really need to look over the topics. Then I did a C4 past paer for maths.:smile:

I've decided I'm going to start getting up at 5am every day now (especially weekdays.) I want to get up, do some yoga etc and just have some time to myself. I think this is really important because I need to look after my mental health. Last year my mental health wasn't exactly great I was a bit depressed...:redface: Then (cos my college starts latest at 10 :biggrin:) I'm going to do an hours revision before college! This means that I only have to do a couple of hours after college yay! And I'm gonna go to bed at 11 (so I get 6 hours sleep) instead of going to sleep at 1 or 2 and waking up at 6 or 7. I need to sleep more!

Tomorrow I go back to college yay more work!:tongue:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"If it were easy, everybody would do it!" :wink:

Btw, has anybody heard this song? Soo good I'm obsessed!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChrollosLucifer
Think he was joking lol, pretty sure he's Asian himself.

True, but we don't actually know if he was joking...

Original post by ChrollosLucifer
Yeah, just the UKCAT.

That's good! How did it go?:smile:
Reply 64
Oh right :tongue: Oh well I think I'm gonna go in 2019 tbh and I'm either gonna defer or apply again! Lol really I really loved it!

At least you’ll get a gap year. :biggrin: Did you? What was so good about it? I mean I sort of thought that she should accept the choices that she made and face the consequences with out constantly blaming others.
Original post by Black Water
At least you’ll get a gap year. :biggrin: Did you? What was so good about it? I mean I sort of thought that she should accept the choices that she made and face the consequences with out constantly blaming others.

Yeah I hope so still haven't made up my mind!:tongue: Lol true I just love the way they told the story
Reply 66
Monday 19th February 2018
So today I got up at 9 (which is really late!) but I don't go to college on Monday anyway!:tongue: It was nice to have a lie in though I'm always tired! I did 3 hours and 50 mins of revision today. I did more chem revision- just looking at the benzene chapter we're doing tomorrow and making notes. Since October, I;ve been making notes on all the topics in my subjects before the lesson and it really helps!:smile: Sometimes in maths I do the entire chapter before we do it in the lesson...:tongue:

Halfway through today I remembered I had all my homework to do!:redface: Idk about you guys, but I always revise first and tend to to my homework as quickly as possible I don't think it's that important!:tongue: I had this massive chem booklet to do on all of Module 5- half the topics I'd forgotten cos we did them AGES ago so it took me ages to complete it! And there were a few questions I just didn't understand; I really need to look over the topics. Then I did a C4 past paer for maths.:smile:

I've decided I'm going to start getting up at 5am every day now (especially weekdays.) I want to get up, do some yoga etc and just have some time to myself. I think this is really important because I need to look after my mental health. Last year my mental health wasn't exactly great I was a bit depressed...:redface: Then (cos my college starts latest at 10 :biggrin:) I'm going to do an hours revision before college! This means that I only have to do a couple of hours after college yay! And I'm gonna go to bed at 11 (so I get 6 hours sleep) instead of going to sleep at 1 or 2 and waking up at 6 or 7. I need to sleep more!

Tomorrow I go back to college yay more work!:tongue:

"If it were easy, everybody would do it!" :wink:

Btw, has anybody heard this song? Soo good I'm obsessed!

Spoiler

Another good day. :smile: I would honestly go to college if I could for final year.
Another good day. :smile: I would honestly go to college if I could for final year.

Thanks this blog is so motivating actually!:tongue: Have you heard the song? What do you mean?:smile:
Reply 68
Yeah I hope so still haven't made up my mind!:tongue: Lol true I just love the way they told the story

If you think a year out could really help you, then I think you should go for it. :smile: Yeah I get what you mean, it’s original but kind of half full. It can go on for a few more seasons. I hate the fact that she ruined many other lives which is kind of selfish.
If you think a year out could really help you, then I think you should go for it. :smile: Yeah I get what you mean, it’s original but kind of half full. It can go on for a few more seasons. I hate the fact that she ruined many other lives which is kind of selfish.

Yeah thanks I will! True, and the whole idea is a bit sick and twisted if you think about it...
Reply 70
Thanks this blog is so motivating actually!:tongue: Have you heard the song? What do you mean?:smile:

That’s good, carry on like this and you’ll definitely get good grades. :smile: That’s the first I've heard of it. As like do Y13 in college which does seem pointless but has its benefits.
Reply 71
Yeah thanks I will! True, and the whole idea is a bit sick and twisted if you think about it...

Yeah. One life for many others. The things that she went through were kind of normal in a way because it counts as bullying. Not the rape part of course.
That’s good, carry on like this and you’ll definitely get good grades. :smile: That’s the first I've heard of it. As like do Y13 in college which does seem pointless but has its benefits.

Thanks I really hope so! This is the first time I'm actually revising properly! I hope you do well too :smile: Yeah I think it does!

Yeah. One life for many others. The things that she went through were kind of normal in a way because it counts as bullying. Not the rape part of course.

Yeah exactly! Yeah the rape was obvs awful but the others weren't as bad.
Reply 73
Thanks I really hope so! This is the first time I'm actually revising properly! I hope you do well too :smile: Yeah I think it does!

Yeah exactly! Yeah the rape was obvs awful but the others weren't as bad.

That’s good, you’ll see a difference in your work. Thanks and I’ve applied for a college for next year but I’ll have to see what they say. Yeah that’s true, the rest were sort of things that happen to kids nowadays but they don’t take their life and blame others.
That’s good, you’ll see a difference in your work. Thanks and I’ve applied for a college for next year but I’ll have to see what they say. Yeah that’s true, the rest were sort of things that happen to kids nowadays but they don’t take their life and blame others.

Thanks! Ooh exciting what will you do? Yeah exactly!
Wednesday 21st February 2018
Yesterday I went back to college and was really busy so I forgot to update! I had a full day yesterday, and I had chemistry then economics. My first lesson was 3 hours and second one was 2 hours :smile:

Chemistry: Was hoping to get my Chapter 22 Enthalpy and Entropy test back today but some people didn't do it before half term so I'll get it back on Friday!:smile: I really need to improve in chemistry- I'm currently working at a C but I need to get at least an A :s-smilie: I did a lot of past paper questions and made sure I properly understood the content this time (sounds stupid but I never was bothered to do this before :tongue:) so hopefully I should be fine. I have got A's in tests before, but only when I've worked so I need to start being more consistent!

In the lesson we finished Chapter 25- Aromatic Compounds.Organic chem really isn't my thing, so before the lesson I watched videos and made notes on (nearly) the whole chapter so I actually understood what was going on :tongue: And we're gonna have another test soon most likely next week! And our mock dates will be given to us soon...:biggrin:

Economics: This was a pretty chilled lesson as usual!:tongue: We were revising AS macro content and we were doing inflation. We've finished all the AS and A2 micro content but haven't started the macro A2 content yet! Next lesson we'll look at the Lorenz Curve and Gini Coefficient and revise the circular flow of income. And literally my econ teacher keeps going on every lesson about how we only have 12 weeks left...:tongue:

So when I got home I didn't do any college work- what I did instead was write a CV for the internships I'm going to apply to for my gap year!:smile: It took me quite a while but I'm happy with the finished result :smile: I'm really excited about it :biggrin: My first choice is Deloitte I really hope I get invited to interview and get an offer :smile:

I'm going to update now for today, as I'll be busy revising later. I have my 2 hour stats lesson in maths in the afternoon today. We'll be doing Chapter 5 on Normal Approximations which is quite straightforward tbh! I've completed the entire chapter (apart from the mixed exercise.) And also I swear S2 is much much easier than S1?!

And then for revision today I have economics down, and I do 3 hours of revision on a Wednesday. I plan to watch EconplusDal videos (they're AMAZING) and start learning all the revision cards I've made! I'll revise the topics we'll be doing next lesson. And I really need to start writing essays (I'm planning on writing all of them!) Because at least for OCR the bullet points on the spec are the same/ very similar to the essay question, which means hopefully I can get that A* in the exams. And soon I'm gonna start practicing multiple choice questions for some reason I think it's really hard!!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 76
Thanks! Ooh exciting what will you do? Yeah exactly!

I guess I’ll have to wait and see if I get a place to do Maths, FM and Physics for next years entry. :smile:
what else do you plan on doing for your gap year?
I guess I’ll have to wait and see if I get a place to do Maths, FM and Physics for next years entry. :smile:

I know you will :biggrin:
Reply 79
I know you will :biggrin:

Thanks. :smile: Still waiting for a reply lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending