The Student Room Group

Doing some research on personal alarms

I'd like to find out if users of personal attack alarms feel that they are a deterrent?
Original post by HML_williams
I'd like to find out if users of personal attack alarms feel that they are a deterrent?

I used to have one (and never needed to use it), but I found that I kept setting it off by accident as the button was way too sensitive and in the ideal place to keep getting pushed, so I got rid of it.
Was it a keyring size alarm or a small spray type version?

I'm interested to understand how people use them to help improve the devices. From my research I note the early alarms tended to be just that a loud audible high pitch sound. More recent developments have tended to act as a deterrent too, i.e. sound and spray foul odour, even DNA markers and UV for Police to identify.
Original post by HML_williams
Was it a keyring size alarm or a small spray type version?

I'm interested to understand how people use them to help improve the devices. From my research I note the early alarms tended to be just that a loud audible high pitch sound. More recent developments have tended to act as a deterrent too, i.e. sound and spray foul odour, even DNA markers and UV for Police to identify.

It was a keyring one that would only give off a high-pitched alarm. It wasn't a fancy one, just a cheap plastic thing.
I've seen a few on eBay which are a bit like car door fobs with small buttons. Thanks for the insight, some of the UK manufactured keyring alarms I've noticed appear to have addressed the problem of false alarms with more robust barrel shaped design like WeAlarms.co.uk
(edited 5 years ago)
Here's the keyring rape alarm article i was referring to key ring rape alarm article

Quick Reply

Latest