The Student Room Group

What is your view on this situation?

So i found out today there was this guy( who ik but not close with) stole a sandwich and a drink from a tesco express near our college.

I felt kind of bad because this kid and his family are fairly poor and he said he didn't eat anything at all yesterday so he as starving but his family had no money to give him so he had to resort to stealing

What do you guys think of this , the poor kid was starving and his parents (dad doesn't have a job because he's lazy and his mom makes little money apparently)
couldn't give him any money to buy his lunch , idk why but this got to me a lot and i'm not sure why , any thought :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How poor do you have to be to steal in this country?
Original post by S.G.

idk

??
that's sad
Original post by princess770
that's sad

ye :frown:
he was starving
Original post by princess770
he was starving

the worst thing is , he's not even a bad kid that does this with pleasure , he's fairly intelligent and he has dreams and goals for himself
it's upsetting because half of the people in the world starve
Man couldn't even do the meal deal?
its very sad indeed since his situation is not his fault but neither is it tesco's fault so it doesn't justifying stealing. He didn't really have to steal the drink too since there are water fountains. Stealing a sandwich doesnt seem as practical as stealing a loaf of bread which would last him longer.
Reply 10
Original post by ForestShadow
its very sad indeed since his situation is not his fault but neither is it tesco's fault so it doesn't justifying stealing. He didn't really have to steal the drink too since there are water fountains. Stealing a sandwich doesnt seem as practical as stealing a loaf of bread which would last him longer.

A loaf of bread is a lot harder to conceal than a sandwich

and water contains no calories........
Reply 11
I wonder if he's aesthetic?

he could even give Glassapple a call......
Original post by S.G.

Uh, very. If the dads not working and the mums on minimum wage, chances are they rarely have a penny left after rent and bills. Then who knows how many kids they have and whether the lazy dad spends his days drinking/getting high (which is usually the case for a lot of lazy bums). It's not impossible, I went to school with kids like this. Never went on any school trips and had to walk for over 30 mins because they couldn't even afford to take the bus (I went to school before the buses became free for school kids)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
A loaf of bread is a lot harder to conceal than a sandwich

and water contains no calories........

the sandwhich plus the drink is almost the size of a small loaf, and the pay off for having more meals makes it more pragmatic. if you're poor you just want to stay alive with food and water, not hit the daily recommeneded calories with a good ratio of macros
man this is quite sad
An example that some people shouldn’t be allowed to have kids x
Don't they do free school meals for people in these situations?
Original post by ANM775
I wonder if he's aesthetic?

he could even give Glassapple a call......

Yes I'm very willing to do that and I'm being serious.

@Ray_Shadows PM me if you want to talk about this further.
Original post by Glassapple
Yes I'm very willing to do that and I'm being serious.

@Ray_Shadows PM me if you want to talk about this further.

i'm not tight with him because he hangs out with other people
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i'm not tight with him because he hangs out with other people

Well is he attractive and how much money does he need?

Quick Reply

Latest