The Student Room Group

Sleep talking

I'm a frequent sleep talker, I must sleep talk 3 or 4 times a week based on what my family have told me. My sister has even managed to record audio of me sleep talking on a few occasions and it is freaky!

The latest one was recorded at 11pm and, seeing as I got to bed at 7pm and wake up at 3am, I was definitely asleep.

The thing that gets me though, is that my speech is so clear! I am speaking as I would during a normal daytime conversation; you can understand every single word and the sentences all make sense. I tend to have conversations with other people as you can hear that I'm 'replying' to someone.

Freaks me out!
Original post by jordon1703
I'm a frequent sleep talker, I must sleep talk 3 or 4 times a week based on what my family have told me. My sister has even managed to record audio of me sleep talking on a few occasions and it is freaky!

The latest one was recorded at 11pm and, seeing as I got to bed at 7pm and wake up at 3am, I was definitely asleep.

The thing that gets me though, is that my speech is so clear! I am speaking as I would during a normal daytime conversation; you can understand every single word and the sentences all make sense. I tend to have conversations with other people as you can hear that I'm 'replying' to someone.

Freaks me out!

That's odd! My brother used to do this too. Do you find you're tired in the morning or find sleep unrefreshing?
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
That's odd! My brother used to do this too. Do you find you're tired in the morning or find sleep unrefreshing?

More often than not I find myself tired in the morning - That may be because I'm getting up at the very early hours of the morning so, understandably I might feel a little tired.

I do, however, have to give myself an hour or so to wake up 'properly' when I get up on my days off work after a long sleep.
More often than not I find myself tired in the morning - That may be because I'm getting up at the very early hours of the morning so, understandably I might feel a little tired.

I do, however, have to give myself an hour or so to wake up 'properly' when I get up on my days off work after a long sleep.

Yeah I cannot imagine you would be. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Reply 4
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yeah I cannot imagine you would be. Have you seen a doctor about this?

No I haven't - I don't think waking up feeling tired affects me all that much because after driving and starting to work I'm more awake and feeling good - maybe I'm used to it? The sleep talking obviously doesn't affect me lol
My sister does this. She can have a full-blown conversation with me sometimes, even though what she's actually going on about makes no sense - for example, I walked past her room and she called out to me and asked me to bring her "the yellow one":

"The yellow what?"
"Ughhhh, WTF, the yellow one!"
"I don't know what you're talking about..."
"The yellow one! You know, the yellow one?"
"The yellow WHAT?"
"Ummm...... don't worry......"
"Literally no idea what you're even on about"
*snores*
:s-smilie:
No I haven't - I don't think waking up feeling tired affects me all that much because after driving and starting to work I'm more awake and feeling good - maybe I'm used to it? The sleep talking obviously doesn't affect me lol

You might be waking up tired because you aren't getting very good quality sleep because of the sleep talking. You might be getting perfect sleep, but it's a possibility. They often do sleep studies to look at stuff like this
I do exactly the same thing OP, there’s been times when I’ve talked for a while 5 minutes in my sleep. There was a time I was saying ‘don’t look in the drawer, please don’t look in the drawer’ and who knows wtf I was on 😂 I’ve sleep walked once or twice. I also suffer from anxiety, and I find that I talk a lot more when I’m feeling more anxious - I’m guessing it’s linked? Do you suffer from any form of anxiety? I wonder if other people have found the same for them?
Reply 8
Original post by zozo200016
I do exactly the same thing OP, there’s been times when I’ve talked for a while 5 minutes in my sleep. There was a time I was saying ‘don’t look in the drawer, please don’t look in the drawer’ and who knows wtf I was on 😂 I’ve sleep walked once or twice. I also suffer from anxiety, and I find that I talk a lot more when I’m feeling more anxious - I’m guessing it’s linked? Do you suffer from any form of anxiety? I wonder if other people have found the same for them?

I don't believe I suffer from anxiety. Would it be obvious if I do? lol

My mother suffers from quite severe anxiety
I don't believe I suffer from anxiety. Would it be obvious if I do? lol

My mother suffers from quite severe anxiety

Well perhaps not then, I just wondered if maybe this was a trigger for some people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending