The Student Room Group

Can I go to the police aboyr being insulted on facebook?

This fake account with no picture was set up on facebook and the pmed me calling me a 'stupid baldy virgin' and throwing around insults like that. They also messaged my 15 year old daughter calling her a 'w hore clown' and 'mentally challenged'. I send this person a voice message saying 'wait until i get my hands on you'.

If I take these comments this person said to the police will they do anything?
Original post by jrwtjw
This fake account with no picture was set up on facebook and the pmed me calling me a 'stupid baldy virgin' and throwing around insults like that. They also messaged my 15 year old daughter calling her a 'w hore clown' and 'mentally challenged'. I send this person a voice message saying 'wait until i get my hands on you'.

I'd just block and report them to Facebook. If they start to harass you or your family, after blocking them, then I'd go to the police.

EDIT: Don't reply to them either. Replying to them will only fuel them to annoy you.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm reporting this to the police for you
Reply 3
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I'd just block and report them to Facebook. If they start to harass you or your family, after blocking them, then I'd go to the police.

If I go to the police right now though do you think they will do anything?
Original post by jrwtjw
If I go to the police right now though do you think they will do anything?

If I'm honest, they'll probably just say the same thing I said.
Reply 5
Original post by RoyalSheepy
If I'm honest, they'll probably just say the same thing I said.

The name they are posting under is clearly a fake. Will they track down the i.p. address for me?
I don’t think they’ve broken any laws.
Original post by jrwtjw

Are you upset by being called baldy?

I mean, the other adjectives seem appropriate.
(edited 6 years ago)
technically isn’t OP the only one who may have broken the law by sending a verbal threat?
Reply 9
They called you some names, you made a threat. What do you think?

Thicken your skin.
Plot twist: OP is Ttingtox.
Original post by Andrew97
I don’t think they’ve broken any laws.

Apart from the Computer Misuse Act 1997.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Apart from the Computer Misuse Act 1997.

Do you mean 1990? There was no act of this name in 1997.
You could, they wont do anything, I've heard sharper insults out of 10 year olds before. Maybe a lesson in using the block feature on facebook and learning how to deal with a couple insults are neccesary if it only takes a few words for you to treaten pysical abuse.

Quick Reply

Latest