The Student Room Group

degree mark

f i get 53% in second year and 63% in third year, that would be 59.67% when weighted 1/3 and 2/3.
I was wondering would univeristies round that up to 60% or just say i got 59%?
They rounded my undergrad up to 60% when I got like 58.9% , but it must depend on the exam board xox
Original post by Supernova36
They rounded my undergrad up to 60% when I got like 58.9% , but it must depend on the exam board xox

what degree and university did you attend?
Different unis have different rules about weighting and rounding. You can find them all online.
Reply 4

There is no exam board - your degree is awarded by the institution. Each institution will publish their policy on grade boundaries online.

That type of rounding is very, very fortunate. In our place, we would round it to 59, which is still a lower second class.

OP - my institution would round it to 60 given that the decimal places edge that way. You will be able to find your institution's policy for this online.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
There is no exam board - your degree is awarded by the institution. Each institution will publish their policy on grade boundaries online.

That type of rounding is very, very fortunate. In our place, we would round it to 59, which is still a lower second class.

I mean , I’m doing my masters now and at this uni (which is different than my undergrad) they have an exam committee who combine your marks and percentages accordingly !
Reply 6
I mean , I’m doing my masters now and at this uni (which is different than my undergrad) they have an exam committee who combine your marks and percentages accordingly !

Yes, and they are not exam boards.
Original post by gjd800
Yes, and they are not exam boards.

Ok Hun x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending