The Student Room Group

What does it mean if a girl says ‘he’s not that bad’?

I was in the library and saw this girl I know with her friend and I heard her say to her friend what do you thinking of him (me) and as they were walking past me her friend was like ‘he’s not that bad’.

What does this mean? Does this mean she thinks I’m average, ugly or good looking based on this comment?

Thanks
Reply 1
hes not dat bad means the girl u know says u r ****, but her friend likes u so she said u r not dat bad
Not bad means NOT bad, not ugly !
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I was in the library and saw this girl I know with her friend and I heard her say to her friend what do you thinking of him (me) and as they were walking past me her friend was like ‘he’s not that bad’.

What does this mean? Does this mean she thinks I’m average, ugly or good looking based on this comment?

Thanks

It means that the girl wants to get to know you better, she may like you but is a little unsure. Go talk to her :smile:
Original post by Supernova36
Not bad means NOT bad, not ugly !

She said, "he's not that bad.".
Reply 5
Original post by num.7

How does the word ‘that’ change the meaning in the case?
Original post by num.7

It means he’s not that bad ? :laugh:

Because the person looks bad but not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

let's put it this way: "you're smart but you're not that smart." - in other words, this would mean "you are smart but you are not very smart".
I think it is an uncertain "like". On first glance, it's looking good, but hard to draw a conclusion unless you know more about that person.

I've been in situations before where someone asks me what i think of x person and i've answered and then they've divulged some other shocking info that completely changes things and would make me say no... like "oh he spent 3 years in jail for an armed robbery" and then mercilessly teased me because i 'like' armed robbers. Or, even worse, i might say "yeah i really like that guy!" and then my friend would say "i just started dating him" or similar and i'd be forevermore trying to prove that i wasn't after her man.

So my best response would likely be on a range from "not that bad" at best to "nope, not for me" at worst. Just because i don't want to walk into a trap!

roasted

Spoiler

Original post by num.7
let's put it this way: "you're smart but you're not that smart." - in other words, this would mean "you are smart but you are not very smart".

So I’m bad but not that bad
So I’m bad but not that bad

that's what she said.
Original post by num.7
that's what she said.

So she thinks I’m ugly?
So she thinks I’m ugly?

i don't know but i do know who does. do you want to know who that is?

her.
By the way when I say a guy is not bad is cause I’ve seen / used to worse.
Either:

You were made out to be bad, when in reality you're decent.
or
You were made out to be Amazing, when in reality you're decent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending