The Student Room Group

UCL MRes Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology

Hi guys,
I am in the final year of my undergraduate and have just started the process of refining my options for masters. As clinical psychology is my main goal, I am very interested in the UCL MRes in Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology. To anyone who has been through the application process for this course, do you have any advice for me. Also, what experience do you advise.
I look forward to some replies :smile:,
Thank you in advance,
Aine
Reply 1
Original post by ainemartin
Hi guys,
I am in the final year of my undergraduate and have just started the process of refining my options for masters. As clinical psychology is my main goal, I am very interested in the UCL MRes in Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology. To anyone who has been through the application process for this course, do you have any advice for me. Also, what experience do you advise.
I look forward to some replies :smile:,
Thank you in advance,
Aine

I applied for this course. did you?
Reply 2
Just applied, and got an interview invite about 6 weeks later! Nervous but very excited. Any idea what the acceptance rate once you get an interview is like?
Reply 3
Original post by ef_uk
Just applied, and got an interview invite about 6 weeks later! Nervous but very excited. Any idea what the acceptance rate once you get an interview is like?

I do not know. The only think I know is that they take 10 people per year. How was your interview?
Reply 4
Original post by nef_lad
I do not know. The only think I know is that they take 10 people per year. How was your interview?

Definitely not ideal. Didn't finish it feeling overly confident or great about the questions they'd asked.... they said they were getting back to applicants within a month, though.
Reply 5
Original post by ef_uk
Definitely not ideal. Didn't finish it feeling overly confident or great about the questions they'd asked.... they said they were getting back to applicants within a month, though.

So, yu believe that your interview did not go as well as you expected? did they ask you something you did not know?
Reply 6
Original post by nef_lad
So, yu believe that your interview did not go as well as you expected? did they ask you something you did not know?

yes to both. i tend to be my own worst critic though, so hopefully it went better than i’m thinking in my head
Reply 7
Original post by ef_uk
yes to both. i tend to be my own worst critic though, so hopefully it went better than i’m thinking in my head

I am also very strict with my performance. Wishing you best of luck. And if you do not mind write a post when they get back to you. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by nef_lad
I am also very strict with my performance. Wishing you best of luck. And if you do not mind write a post when they get back to you. :smile:

Reply 9
Original post by ef_uk

yes, i had mine a couple of day ago. It was ok. They did not ask me something I did not know but I wanted to say much more and I forgot them... :/

Quick Reply

Latest