The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Midwifery RGU thread 2018

Hey! Anyone heard back yet from RGU for midwifery? I’ve got my interview on the 13th of February!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi i had my interview today. was much better than expected and very relaxed. good luck for tuesday!
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Moved to Robert Gordon University.:smile:

Feel free to chat to other RGU applicants here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4947718
Original post by anonymous_8
Hey! Anyone heard back yet from RGU for midwifery? I’ve got my interview on the 13th of February!

How did your interview go? What were the group discussion on?
Reply 4
I got an unconditional offer today. Over the moon! Can anyone post when they found out and can get chatting :smile:
Reply 5
When was your interview?
Reply 6
When was your interview?

Saturday the 10th so just before you.

How did yours go?
Reply 7
Ah I see! I think it went really well so I’m hoping to hear something back!
Reply 8
Ah I see! I think it went really well so I’m hoping to hear something back!

Hopefully wont be long then. I was surprised i found out so fast as they said they were interviewing all the way to start of march.

Fingers crossed for you! Xx
Reply 9
i have my interview Wednesday. can you give me an idea of what it will be like? xx
Original post by kf90
i have my interview Wednesday. can you give me an idea of what it will be like? xx

Oh good luck.
Its really laidback.
There was only 8 at mine. Lecturer gave 30-40 min presentation about the course and what to expect .
10 min break then were split into 2 groups for group interview. Very relaxed. Interviewer sat at end of the table taking notes whilst we discussed pictures that were on the table (breastfeeding, homebirth etc). She was really just seeing how we communicated more than anything xx
Reply 11
aw brilliant, thanks for that xx
Original post by kf90
aw brilliant, thanks for that xx

No problem. Good luck. Let me know how you get on :biggrin: im sure youll be fine!
Reply 13
Original post by kf90

I have my interview tomorrow as well. So nervous.
Original post by nats4293
Oh good luck.
Its really laidback.
There was only 8 at mine. Lecturer gave 30-40 min presentation about the course and what to expect .
10 min break then were split into 2 groups for group interview. Very relaxed. Interviewer sat at end of the table taking notes whilst we discussed pictures that were on the table (breastfeeding, homebirth etc). She was really just seeing how we communicated more than anything xx
What day did you have interview?

We had 12 I think and the "interview" was very relaxed as you say BUT (and I say this without hearing result of it) I felt that they have decided who they are offering places to before this as at mine no notes were taken and no real way of excelling or convincing you were a good candidate. I love how relaxed it was just I would give a place to everyone on the course as everyone communicated well...
Original post by hopefulwishful
What day did you have interview?

We had 12 I think and the "interview" was very relaxed as you say BUT (and I say this without hearing result of it) I felt that they have decided who they are offering places to before this as at mine no notes were taken and no real way of excelling or convincing you were a good candidate. I love how relaxed it was just I would give a place to everyone on the course as everyone communicated well...

Strange how no notes were taken but i think the interview process is much better than used to be as individual interview doesnt allow everyone to show their potential as some are good at bigging themselves up but not necessarily make a good midwife.

Someone i know has been given an unconditional with only 1 higher at C and still waiting on results so no idea how an unconditional was given :/
Original post by nats4293
Strange how no notes were taken but i think the interview process is much better than used to be as individual interview doesnt allow everyone to show their potential as some are good at bigging themselves up but not necessarily make a good midwife.

Someone i know has been given an unconditional with only 1 higher at C and still waiting on results so no idea how an unconditional was given :/

Ah yeah I totally agree that group is a good thing I just don't think it really let you shine as such and personally I think there is a place for both.

Hmmm getting an unconditional with only one C does seem odd since they are looking for 4 Highers. Sounds a bit unfair to those who have the grades.
Reply 17
i had 5 in my group today. found it to be a nice experience and we finished discussing the photos before the hour was up so we were each asked why we wanted to be a midwife and why would we make a good one. i spoke to a girl from another group and she was upset by this as her group werent given the opportunity for this x
Original post by kf90
i had 5 in my group today. found it to be a nice experience and we finished discussing the photos before the hour was up so we were each asked why we wanted to be a midwife and why would we make a good one. i spoke to a girl from another group and she was upset by this as her group werent given the opportunity for this x

Now this I would have thought would happen to! I wish we had had that opportunity too. That would give you a bot more of a chance to shine as such. We finished early but it just ended then

Was it 5 in your entire group or double that and you were split into 2 groups?
Reply 19
there was about 15 i think and split into 3 groups. ah thats a shame, think we got lucky with that opportunity x

Quick Reply

Latest