The Student Room Group

Moving to Bristol to study masters in September 2018, need flatmates!

Hi, as I've said in the title I'm planning on moving to Bristol University in September to study. I am a 22 year old girl looking to study my Masters in Philosophy this upcoming academic year. All the houses which is within my price range (around £400-£500pm including bills) require that the rooms are filled by a group of people.

My problem is that I will be moving alone, I won't have any friends or anyone I know to buddy up with. Does anyone know what I can do to find people to move in with or is anyone in the same situation?
Original post by mariaamin
Hi, as I've said in the title I'm planning on moving to Bristol University in September to study. I am a 22 year old girl looking to study my Masters in Philosophy this upcoming academic year. All the houses which is within my price range (around £400-£500pm including bills) require that the rooms are filled by a group of people.

My problem is that I will be moving alone, I won't have any friends or anyone I know to buddy up with. Does anyone know what I can do to find people to move in with or is anyone in the same situation?

I'm going to move this over to the Bristol subforum for you :smile:

Have you tried posting on a Bristol University/Bristol flat-finding Facebook page?
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
I'm going to move this over to the Bristol subforum for you :smile:

Have you tried posting on a Bristol University/Bristol flat-finding Facebook page?

Hi! I'm completely new to this so I'm still getting used to it. Yeah, I have. Haven't had much luck yet. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by mariaamin
Hi! I'm completely new to this so I'm still getting used to it. Yeah, I have. Haven't had much luck yet. Thank you! :smile:

Don't worry about it :smile:

These flat finding groups are quite active (in Edinburgh anyway) so I'm sure someone will take on your offer soon :smile:
Reply 4
Hi have you had much luck finding flatmates?
Reply 5
Original post by Ollieeex
Hi have you had much luck finding flatmates?

Hi, yeah I've found a place and have found two others to live with but it's a 4 bedroom flat so we're looking for one more person
Reply 6
Hey there I might be moving to Bristol to complete a Ma in Documentary at UWE next year. Where is the place you found?
Reply 7
I am interested, I am planning on doing a PGCE starting in September. Where are you looking at? I'm in exactly the same boat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending