The Student Room Group

Incorrect application submission

Hi, I found a teaching job that I really want, I spent days writing my supporting statement, submitted it last night and now I've looked and seen that all the paragraphs have merged into one!! What should I do?
Original post by Natdag
Hi, I found a teaching job that I really want, I spent days writing my supporting statement, submitted it last night and now I've looked and seen that all the paragraphs have merged into one!! What should I do?

It must be that their submission system removes any formatting from the text. Did you copy and paste it into a text box or did you submit a word document attachment?
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
It must be that their submission system removes any formatting from the text. Did you copy and paste it into a text box or did you submit a word document attachment?

It was copied and pasted into the box. I don't know what to do, I'm really panicking. I wanted it to be perfect
Original post by Natdag
It was copied and pasted into the box. I don't know what to do, I'm really panicking. I wanted it to be perfect

They'll probably realise what's happened (as it is their application website after all), so try not to worry too much about things you can't change.
Reply 4
They'll probably realise what's happened (as it is their application website after all), so try not to worry too much about things you can't change.

Do you think I should email them to explain that I do know what a paragraph is?
Original post by Natdag
Do you think I should email them to explain that I do know what a paragraph is?

You could if it will make you feel better.
Reply 6
You could if it will make you feel better.

I think I will. Thanks
Reply 7

Hi, do you know if this happens on tes?
hope you don't turn into the teacher who leaves the cursor on the play button.
Original post by Natdag
Hi, do you know if this happens on tes?

I've never applied for jobs through TES, so no idea, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending