The Student Room Group

EUC vs PPLE

Hey guys!

I've applied to liberal arts and sciences at Erasmus Rotterdam and PPLE at uVA.

I've got an unconditional offer from EUC, and a conditional offer based on my final IB points .

The thing is, I don't know which to accept! I need to reply to EUC by mid March which really isn't that long

Pros of EUC
- housing on 'campus' the first year
- possibility of incorporating natural sciences
- not such a touristy city as Amsterdam
- they seem a little friendlier?

Pros of PPLE
- a higher 'prestige'
- I love all 4 disciplines

Whats the same
- they're both v small scale
- intensive colleges within larger unit
- new programmes (not a good thing tbh)
- in major international cities

I really need helpppp
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
You ask strangers to help you with a major life decision without providing any information about yourself. Where are you from? I would suspect you are a native speaker, to judge by your command of English. Have you visited the Amsterdam or Rotterdam campuses? If so, you should be able to discern why the city of Rotterdam is less "touristy." I also would question how much more "prestige" goes with PPLE. Yes, it is Numerus Fixus...but it is quite new, so let's wait 20 years or thereabouts, and see what the respective graduates are up to before making sweeping judgements about one program relative to the other. I have visited PPLE and taken the group day tour. Ironically, I ran into our student tour guide three days later in Maastricht. He was doing the open day at that university's liberal arts college. (It seems that not every PPLEer is a happy camper, lol.) PPLE is essentially a liberal arts college for the social sciences. That is fine if you want to spend your first year taking trendy multi-disciplinary courses. If you know which direction you want to go in, however, you might be better off to major in Poly Sci, Pysch, Economics, or Law (Groningen has an LLB program taught in English)...EUC probably gets the nod if natural sciences or humanities are still an option for you. Good luck. Both universities are first-rate, so it's no Hobson's choice.

Original post by ajshaw
Hey guys!

I've applied to liberal arts and sciences at Erasmus Rotterdam and PPLE at uVA.

I've got an unconditional offer from EUC, and a conditional offer based on my final IB points .

The thing is, I don't know which to accept! I need to reply to EUC by mid March which really isn't that long

Pros of EUC
- housing on 'campus' the first year
- possibility of incorporating natural sciences
- not such a touristy city as Amsterdam
- they seem a little friendlier?

Pros of PPLE
- a higher 'prestige'
- I love all 4 disciplines

Whats the same
- they're both v small scale
- intensive colleges within larger unit
- new programmes (not a good thing tbh)
- in major international cities

I really need helpppp
Hello!
I hope you made the right decision and are happy at your university now! I am currently facing the exact same problem that you were facing as I applied to both courses and got admitted to EUC and UvA . May I ask what course and university you ended up going for and why?
Thanks
Hello!May I ask which one did you choose and why? How do you like it there? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending