The Student Room Group

How to wake up early ?

Hi guys.
Which is the secret of waking up early like 5-6 A.M.?
Going to sleep at a certain hours?

I heard that sleeping from 22.00 to 00.00 is very important.
Original post by WiSi
Hi guys.

I used to wake up at 5am in the morning every weekday for two years straight to catch the train. I always went to bed at 22:00 - 22:30 hrs and eventually I got used to waking up at 5am.

Try and minimise the amount of blue-light you're exposed to an hour or so before bed. Use Flux (It's a piece of software) on your PC or Bluelight Filter on your phone.
Reply 2
Original post by WiSi
Hi guys.

I sleep at 10-11 and wake up at 5. 6 hours of sleep is enough. I have a cold shower, wakes me up.
You go to sleep at a good time and then your body will be ready to wake up after 8 hours.
Reply 4
The trick that has always gotten me up in the morning, no matter how many hours I've had, is putting my phone on the opposite side of my room - this way, I have to physically get up every morning to turn off my alarm. Once I'm out of bed I just don't get back in and immediately hop into the shower to wake myself up properly so I won't be tempted to get back into bed.
Reply 5
Original post by anna_00
The trick that has always gotten me up in the morning, no matter how many hours I've had, is putting my phone on the opposite side of my room

^^^
you could also make your alarm ring tone a song you find annoying or just don't like, which is more of an incentive to get up and turn it off.
Reply 6
Sleep early so you have at least 6-8 hours of sleep. When you wake up early just jolt yourself up otherwise you'll start contemplating and go back to sleep. It works :smile:
Get an app called Alarmy, it makes you solve math problems or shake your phone etc to stop the alarm
Reply 8
My main problem is that I have to use the car, and drive for about 2 hours during the day, this makes me so tired.
When I'm back to home I have to start to study and I have headache, so it's not easy to concentrate.
Just recently went from sleep 2am-11am to 11.30 to 6.30
1. Make sure your sleep quality is actually good, otherwise you'll always want to keep sleep longer.
2. Make it consistent, sleep the same time everyday and wake up the same time. You won't need an alarm 3 weeks later.
3. Get straight out of bed, no checking messages or anything. Jump straight out so your body knows that 6am means wake up time.

Extra tips would be:
only use your bed for sleeping, if you sit in bed or lay in bed at other times, your body will get used to that and keep you awake.
turn your lights off 30 mins before you sleep and I would say don't use your phone within the last hour of sleeping but no one will do that, so just turn your brightness to the absolute lowest and even download an app that makes it even darker. Just prepare your body for it to know that you're about to sleep and when you wake up, prepare it to know it needs to wake up, open the window, feel the breeze, have a cold shower, turn the lights on, do a quick stretch.

Quick Reply

Latest