The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

McTominay has become a full on media tool for Jose.
Tbf - Sevilla were really defensive too. Bringing off a striker only to put on another one? Afraid of our non-existent counter attack?
Original post by Math12345
Good point. However, United are level or ahead of Liverpool in every competition so far this season...

Please tell me you’re trolling...

There’s almost nothing between us in the PL and we’re miles ahead in the CL. The only thing you have over us is that you’re still in the FA Cup.

Can’t wait for you to put in the exact same performance against Chelsea this weekend 🙄
Original post by Lúcio
Please tell me you’re trolling...

There’s almost nothing between us in the PL and we’re miles ahead in the CL. The only thing you have over us is that you’re still in the FA Cup.

Can’t wait for you to put in the exact same performance against Chelsea this weekend 🙄

I didn't know nothing was 2 points. As for the CL, we are both in the same round...

Chelsea used all their energy to get a draw vs Barca. Plus Mourinho wants to get one over Conte. I reckon it will be 2-0 United
Pay Icardi's release clause.
Reply 246
Original post by Rk2k14

You Mourinho out or Mourinho change the system?
Original post by S.G.
You Mourinho out or Mourinho change the system?

Wont complain if he gets sacked at the end of the season.
I understand fans frustration with the style of football BUT in terms of actually rebuilding the team Jose is doing great job. In terms of the football we play we have shown glimpses of great football sometimes e.g. beginning of the season we were straight fire and other times we've been really pragmatic like today.

We cannot sack him now it would be ridiculously foolish to do so with the level of progress we have made. It's like people have forgotten what we've been through with LVG and Moyes it was much worse than this. If we sack Mourinho who are you going to bring? We will just end up like Liverpool who play entertaining football but never win anything and the manager will be sacked again because people will moan we aren't winning ****....and then cycle repeats...

Let Mourinho stay finish the rebuilding this summer window and we try again next season. All we need to do is be patient, Fergie's first 3 years were horrible but look what happened.
Mourinho admitting that he didnt think Herrera was fully fit yet he still started him because of his beef with Pogba.

State of this guy.
@S.G.
Basically this tweet.

Must be hard being a United fan wanting so desperately for Mourinho to be the right manager to restore glories but seeing so little evidence of it happening.
Original post by trapking
I understand fans frustration with the style of football BUT in terms of actually rebuilding the team Jose is doing great job. In terms of the football we play we have shown glimpses of great football sometimes e.g. beginning of the season we were straight fire and other times we've been really pragmatic like today.

We cannot sack him now it would be ridiculously foolish to do so with the level of progress we have made. It's like people have forgotten what we've been through with LVG and Moyes it was much worse than this. If we sack Mourinho who are you going to bring? We will just end up like Liverpool who play entertaining football but never win anything and the manager will be sacked again because people will moan we aren't winning ****....and then cycle repeats...

Let Mourinho stay finish the rebuilding this summer window and we try again next season. All we need to do is be patient, Fergie's first 3 years were horrible but look what happened.

Agreed.
Original post by Rk2k14
Mourinho admitting that he didnt think Herrera was fully fit yet he still started him because of his beef with Pogba.

State of this guy.

so what's your excuse today for Pogba?

He got to play in his beloved 4-3-3 (in his preferred position) and McTominay of all people did better than him. That's the one positive from today McTominay played well for once.
Reply 253
Original post by Rk2k14
@S.G.
Basically this tweet.

Must be hard being a United fan wanting so desperately for Mourinho to be the right manager to restore glories but seeing so little evidence of it happening.

I felt like that in 2015/16. Not in the case of restoring former glories, but to have a manager who sticks it out long term at Chelsea.
Original post by Math12345
I didn't know nothing was 2 points. As for the CL, we are both in the same round...

Chelsea used all their energy to get a draw vs Barca. Plus Mourinho wants to get one over Conte. I reckon it will be 2-0 United

Well if you consider fixtures and current form, it really isn’t much of a gap. You’re against Chelsea at the weekend where you’ll obviously play for a draw, and we’re at Anfield against West Ham.

Well we’re basically already through to the QF whereas there’s still a good chance you’re gonna go out.

Right now you aren’t really going anywhere even though you have the personnel to do so. If your manager wasn’t so negative you’d be as good as City, but right now you certainly aren’t any better than us.
so what's your excuse today for Pogba?

He got to play in his beloved 4-3-3 (in his preferred position) and McTominay of all people did better than him. That's the one positive from today McTominay played well for once.

Lol McTominay did nothing special, like he has done every game. Mourinho's got you lot brainwashed into thinking this guy is actually good.

Pogba was decent. Only guy who actually wanted to attack Sevilla. Lord knows Lukaku and Sanchez didnt want to.

Martial-Pogba link up is the truth. But your manager doesn't see that.
Reply 256
I understand fans frustration with the style of football BUT in terms of actually rebuilding the team Jose is doing great job.

Is he though? 5 of the starting XI are not his players while against Newcastle the entire defence was Ferguson signings. He left 5 years ago and De Gea is the only worthy member. For the players he has brought in, they haven’t reached the level they were at at their previous clubs.
In terms of the football we play we have shown glimpses of great football sometimes e.g. beginning of the season we were straight fire and other times we've been really pragmatic like today.

I think it helped massively that your opening fixtures consisted of West Ham, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Everton. They might’ve skewed the expectation for what was to come for the rest of the season a bit I think.

I agree with you here. I can’t see United taking the risk of sacking Mourinho because in terms of absolute results rather than performance it’s been a decent season. 2nd in the league, in the FA Cup, CL quarter final should be achieved. So yes in terms of results relatively to Van Gaal and Moyes it has been a massive improvement.

Also, I don’t think you can compare attitudes of sacking managers in the 80s to 2018.
Original post by Rk2k14
Lol McTominay did nothing special, like he has done every game. Mourinho's got you lot brainwashed into thinking this guy is actually good.

Pogba was decent. Only guy who actually wanted to attack Sevilla. Lord knows Lukaku and Sanchez didnt want to.

Martial-Pogba link up is the truth. But your manager doesn't see that.

Are you serious? He was ****.

Matic was awful as well never seen him this bad. McTominay actually had a good game and I'm not even showing any bias here/joking whatsoever (you can clearly see my previous posts where I've called him ****).

McTominay was the silent star in that midfield today for his age, he did well. The only thing he needs to add to his game is making key forward passes.
Are you serious? He was ****.

Matic was awful as well never seen him this bad. McTominay actually had a good game and I'm not even showing any bias here/joking whatsoever (you can clearly see my previous posts where I've called him ****).

McTominay was the silent star in that midfield today for his age, he did well. The only thing he needs to add to his game is making key forward passes.

How can you say McTominay did good and Pogba ****?

Neither were special but only one of them looked like they wanted to come to play football.

Tbh our whole team from attack to defence is shambles. So many lightweights in our team.
Original post by S.G.
Is he though? 5 of the starting XI are not his players while against Newcastle the entire defence was Ferguson signings. He left 5 years ago and De Gea is the only worthy member. For the players he has brought in, they haven’t reached the level they were at at their previous clubs.
I think it helped massively that your opening fixtures consisted of West Ham, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Everton. They might’ve skewed the expectation for what was to come for the rest of the season a bit I think.

Mourinho made signings based on experience level and potential talent and to be honest we aren't doing as bad as people think we are. The problem is our main rivals (City) are playing good football and are on the way to winning trophies so this is clouding rationality for a lot of fans. They look at Spurs, Liverpool and City for the enjoyment factor but forget these teams have won f#ck all especially Liverpool and Spurs.

There are positives today. I thought Lindelof had a good game today he looks much much better than before and he's gaining confidence which is good.

Original post by S.G.

I agree with you here. I can’t see United taking the risk of sacking Mourinho because in terms of absolute results rather than performance it’s been a decent season. 2nd in the league, in the FA Cup, CL quarter final should be achieved. So yes in terms of results relatively to Van Gaal and Moyes it has been a massive improvement.

It's been massive improvement! We also hadn't topped our CL group since the Fergie era.

Original post by S.G.

Also, I don’t think you can compare attitudes of sacking managers in the 80s to 2018.

What was I trying to say is that we are not a club that just sacks managers really quickly like Chelsea would do. We give them ample time to deliver results and Mourinho has definitely delivered so far.

Latest