The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
How can you say McTominay did good and Pogba ****?

Neither were special but only one of them looked like they wanted to come to play football.

Tbh our whole team from attack to defence is shambles. So many lightweights in our team.

Look at what position McTominay was playing and look at the midfield stats.

Pogba lost possession so many times today, he looked lethargic and not bothered on the ball either. Sanchez was really poor today as well, gave away possession too. Lukaku's hold up play was terrible although I would say the only thing he actually did right today was he made great runs in behind the Sevilla defence and caused their defenders problems. I watched the replay again for the goal he scored and I thought it was really harsh to give a handball, the goal should have been allowed it was top part of bicep/shoulder like the bit in between...

In the PL it wouldn't be given as handball.
Original post by trapking
Look at what position McTominay was playing and look at the midfield stats.

Pogba lost possession so many times today, he looked lethargic and not bothered on the ball either. Sanchez was really poor today as well, gave away possession too. Lukaku's hold up play was terrible although I would say the only thing he actually did right today was he made great runs in behind the Sevilla defence and caused their defenders problems. I watched the replay again for the goal he scored and I thought it was really harsh to give a handball, the goal should have been allowed it was top part of bicep/shoulder like the bit in between...

In the PL it wouldn't be given as handball.

Anything below the shoulder is a handball, not even Lukaku appealed.
Original post by samir12
Anything below the shoulder is a handball, nor even Lukaku appealed.

I literally saw the same thing in a PL game and it wasn't given as a handball albeit it wasn't in the box....

I can't remember which game it was but I'll post it if I find it. Literally exact same area.
(edited 6 years ago)
I literally saw the same thing in a PL game and it wasn't given as a handball albeit in wasn't in the box....

I can't remember which game it was but I'll post it if I find it. Literally exact same area.

So? Referees are either inconsistent or a joke in the PL. Stonewall penalties are sometimes not given in the PL, doesn't mean they are not penalties.
Original post by samir12
So? Referees are either inconsistent or a joke in the PL. Stonewall penalties are sometimes not given in the PL, doesn't mean they are not penalties.

I bet this has happened in a CL game too.

I will find examples and I'll tag you some other time.
I bet this has happened in a CL game too.

I will find examples and I'll tag you some other time.

Doesn't matter, it still is a handball if it hits anything below the shoulder....
Original post by samir12
Doesn't matter, it still is a handball if it hits anything below the shoulder....

Anyway I cba to argue, it wasn't blatant is my point. It's not like he purposely moved his hands towards the ball...

We'll beat them at OT anyway. Now who is excited for Conte vs Mourinho caz I am. No way will Mou play for a 0-0 he's gonna go for this one :biggrin:
Anyway I cba to argue, it wasn't blatant is my point. It's not like he purposely moved his hands towards the ball...

We'll beat them at OT anyway. Now who is excited for Conte vs Mourinho caz I am. No way will Mou play for a 0-0 he's gonna go for this one :biggrin:

Neither did Solanke against West Brom yet that was a handball?
Original post by samir12
Neither did Solanke against West Brom yet that was a handball?

That's WAY different...

That one literally hit his palm/hand/ and went in. Gabriel Jesus did it against Brighton this season and it was also disallowed for hand ball. Can't be giving goals that come of hands...
That's WAY different...

That one literally hit his palm/hand/ and went in. Gabriel Jesus did it against Brighton this season and it was also disallowed for hand ball. Can't be giving goals that come of hands...

You also can't be giving goals that come off your upper arm. The rule does not change for whatever part of the arm it hits, intentional or not.
(edited 6 years ago)

I'm Team Mou.

Lets send this italian fraud back to Italy @S.G. (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass :colondollar: but **** it)

#MUFC #GGMU
Reply 271

I'm Team Mou.

Lets send this italian fraud back to Italy @S.G. (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass :colondollar: but **** it)

#MUFC #GGMU

Should be an interesting game. Let’s see if Mourinho can improve his pathetic win % of 20 against Conte.
Original post by S.G.
Should be an interesting game. Let’s see if Mourinho can improve his pathetic win % of 20 against Conte.

Lukaku will score.

He's already better than Morata so I think we cleared that debate :biggrin:
Reply 273
Lukaku will score.

He's already better than Morata so I think we cleared that debate :biggrin:

I’m suffering from a serious case of de ja vu

2F400C0D-7764-41F6-A672-0545AC7E4F74.jpeg
Original post by S.G.
SG has finished trapking.

Sure I was wrong that time but I'm not going to change what I just said now. Mans optimistic!

P.s. Like merchant on both TSR and twitter...smh

Let's go!!!!
Reply 275
UTD are not a top team. Far from it.
Only poor performance yesterday was Sanchez. Everyone else just did the few things that were asked of them.

Lukaku grew into the game and in the last half hour in particular he was giving us some decent platforms.
Sanchez signing has actually made us worse.

Martial, Pogba and Shaw are all suffering because of it.
Original post by Louis.
Only poor performance yesterday was Sanchez. Everyone else just did the few things that were asked of them.

Lukaku grew into the game and in the last half hour in particular he was giving us some decent platforms.

That's sort of the point though, they weren't asked to do anything. Can't imagine what was said between SAF and Gill watching on, the attitude on display would never have been acceptable under those two.

Original post by Rk2k14
Sanchez signing has actually made us worse.

Martial, Pogba and Shaw are all suffering because of it.

Yet another poorly thought through signing typical of Woodward's stewardship.
Reply 279
So Mourinho has now had disagreements with his best player, his tactics aren’t working as they used to and now has had a go at the medical team. This definitely hasn’t happened before.

Latest