The Student Room Group

Type 1 Diabetes at Uni

I'm applying for uni this year and i'm type 1. Anyone else in the same situation/already at uni with type 1?
Ive applied for university, BCU and Sheffield Hallam both firmed/insured respectively, and i was diagnosed with type 1 three years ago. Im ridiculously nervous/worried about moving away from home and how im going to cope, especially with a whole new team and how to go about organising this 😬
Original post by IonaGrace17
Ive applied for university, BCU and Sheffield Hallam both firmed/insured respectively, and i was diagnosed with type 1 three years ago. Im ridiculously nervous/worried about moving away from home and how im going to cope, especially with a whole new team and how to go about organising this 😬

Hi @IonaGrace17

Are you a UK or an International student? Just wanted to know more information about you and the course you applied for?

At Sheffield Hallam, you can sign up with us at our Health centre before you arrive so don't feel anxious as we are here to help you!

There is always a GP on site but if you are wanting to speak to someone to get more information, I would call the Health Services which is 0114 225 2134 and you can ring in or out of hours,

Reanne

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending