The Student Room Group

Financial aid or part time job opportunities at Manchester

Hello everyone,

I have received an offer for MSc Nanomaterials at University of Manchester for Sept 2018.

As excited as I am to be attending UOM, I can't help but worry about the finances. I will be paying all my expenses myself, and will be using up all my savings in the process (I worked as an RA for 3 years after my undergrad).

So my question is, are there opportunities available for MSc students to work as RAs? and also is it possible to work (after classes and assignments is there any time left?).

Anyone else doing nanomaterials at UOM? Say Hi!
Original post by Aisha T
Hello everyone,

I have received an offer for MSc Nanomaterials at University of Manchester for Sept 2018.

As excited as I am to be attending UOM, I can't help but worry about the finances. I will be paying all my expenses myself, and will be using up all my savings in the process (I worked as an RA for 3 years after my undergrad).

So my question is, are there opportunities available for MSc students to work as RAs? and also is it possible to work (after classes and assignments is there any time left?).

Anyone else doing nanomaterials at UOM? Say Hi!

Postgrad study is usually the equivalent of a full time job so I wouldn't rely on being able to pay off your expenses by working. Maybe do the degree part time or wait till you've saved enough? Have you looked through the uni and dept webpages for funding? What about a career development loan? Are you eligible for a postgrad loan? You can work as an RA but it is rare as you may not have the time and RAs may have finished their masters or have a lot of work experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending