The Student Room Group

Still haven't started revision for A-Levels!?

I'm in second year. Really, I have no excuse. I procrastinated entire first year and first half of the second so now I'm left with like 3 months to revise everything and I'm STILL procrastinating. Is it possible, if I start hardcore revision now, to get good grades (I'm aiming for AAB but that's kind of laughable now I think).
Reply 1
Original post by Anygy
I'm in second year. Really, I have no excuse. I procrastinated entire first year and first half of the second so now I'm left with like 3 months to revise everything and I'm STILL procrastinating. Is it possible, if I start hardcore revision now, to get good grades (I'm aiming for AAB but that's kind of laughable now I think).

I don't think so. But, prove me wrong.
Original post by SyedHB
I don't think so. But, prove me wrong.

Rubbish.

Most people don't begin hardcore revision until Easter. 3 months is a long time if you use it wisely. :smile:
Original post by chuckymeg
Rubbish.

Most people don't begin hardcore revision until Easter. 3 months is a long time if you use it wisely. :smile:

I don't know about OP but this certainly gives me confidence. :smile: How many hours would you say 'hard-core' revision is?
Original post by Mystelle
I don't know about OP but this certainly gives me confidence. :smile: How many hours would you say 'hard-core' revision is?

3-4 hours per day.

Look, A-levels are subjective. Only YOU know how big or small your workload is.

If you're like me and you're doing 4 A-levels, then it's obvious that you'll be needing to put more work in than say someone who is only doing 2 or 3 subjects (yes, some people at my school are only studying 2).

Like I've said previously, 3 months is a long time if you use it well.
3-4 hours per day.

Look, A-levels are subjective. Only YOU know how big or small your workload is.

If you're like me and you're doing 4 A-levels, then it's obvious that you'll be needing to put more work in than say someone who is only doing 2 or 3 subjects (yes, some people at my school are only studying 2).

Like I've said previously, 3 months is a long time if you use it well.

what sort of grades are you aiming for? and what subjects are you doing?
what sort of grades are you aiming for? and what subjects are you doing?

AAA/AAB

English, history, RS and sociology.

You?
AAA/AAB

English, history, RS and sociology.

You?

biology, psychology and maths

aiming for AAA/AAB as well

i hate biology the most cx
biology, psychology and maths

aiming for AAA/AAB as well

i hate biology the most cx

Have you started revision yet? :wink:
Have you started revision yet? :wink:

i only just started yesterday. that's why i'm panicking right now lol

thanks for your reassurance :P
Reply 10
3 months is plenty of time. Depending on how much effort youre willing to put in
i only just started yesterday. that's why i'm panicking right now lol

thanks for your reassurance :P

Don't panic at all, that is the worst thing you can do.

Make a revision plan (obviously don't try to factor in a ridiculous amount of hours per day - you need down time).

Believe me when I say that many A-level students don't begin hardcore until Easter (Google it if you don't believe me).

You have plenty of time! Just don't waste it. :biggrin:
Don't panic at all, that is the worst thing you can do.

Make a revision plan (obviously don't try to factor in a ridiculous amount of hours per day - you need down time).

Believe me when I say that many A-level students don't begin hardcore until Easter (Google it if you don't believe me).

You have plenty of time! Just don't waste it. :biggrin:

Thank you! Hope your exams go really well :cute:
Original post by Anygy

Hard to tell. Too many variables, How much progress have you already made, how smart, how hard etc.

What you do know is you can achieve a lt in 3 months if you knuckle down and you will be in a better position than if you do not. Dont think you have to go any further than that. Focus rather than letting your mind wander onto irrelevant things.
3 months is enough time. PM me i’ll help you out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anygy

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
YOU CAN DO IT!
People in my school went from a U to an A* in 1 1/2 months.
If you start now, put in the hours and practice through exam questions I am sure you can do it.

Quick Reply