The Student Room Group

Business Administration Level 2 Question

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help with this question in:
Unit 1 AC 2.4 -
Adhere to agreed business communication conventions and degree of formality of expression when producing documents.

Im unsure of what exactly it is asking. This question has been asked on here before but the answer didn't really help. Has anyone recently done this qualification and can help me understand what this particular one is asking?
Help would be much appreciated. Thankyou
Reply 1
Hi Mike,

I have this ticked off already it via evidence, so I've not really had to decipher it! But I believe you just have to demonstrate that the language you use and your tone of voice in written communication is in line with your company's established tone, if that makes sense? So if your company's business documents - emails, letters, etc. - are usually written in a formal tone, then any documents you produce on behalf of the company should be written in the same tone. At least, that's how I interpret it! Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by SamGwynn
Hi Mike,

I have this ticked off already it via evidence, so I've not really had to decipher it! But I believe you just have to demonstrate that the language you use and your tone of voice in written communication is in line with your company's established tone, if that makes sense? So if your company's business documents - emails, letters, etc. - are usually written in a formal tone, then any documents you produce on behalf of the company should be written in the same tone. At least, that's how I interpret it! Hope this helps.

I produce Agenda's for meetings for my position atm. the Agenda's are in a specific format that are part of the companies guidelines, would that be enough do you think?
Reply 3
Original post by Mike1211
I produce Agenda's for meetings for my position atm. the Agenda's are in a specific format that are part of the companies guidelines, would that be enough do you think?

I imagine so! It'd probably be best to contact your Assessor, if possible, to double-check.
Reply 4
Original post by Mike1211
Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help with this question in:
Unit 1 AC 2.4 -
Adhere to agreed business communication conventions and degree of formality of expression when producing documents.

Im unsure of what exactly it is asking. This question has been asked on here before but the answer didn't really help. Has anyone recently done this qualification and can help me understand what this particular one is asking?
Help would be much appreciated. Thankyou

Hello Mike, please post the question, and I will provide the solution
Reply 5
Using the company’s house style (font, font size, colour, format for signature) is an example of how you adhere to the business communication conventions. The language you use when communicating with customers and suppliers is more formal, while internal communication is more casual.

Make your answer specific to your company (give examples and evidence, e.g. a screenshot of an agenda you’ve made). The questions are worded horribly, I found just describing what I do works best. Hope that made sense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending